So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Could it be that the part of the kitchen where the breadmaking is occurring is too cold ?

Chicken is being simmered here, forran ‘cure all’ Chicken Soup

I think that we could all do with some

It was a ‘spike’ in blood test results which got my thyroid problem diagnosed last July, Fishy & the more recent ‘spikes’ in the Inflammation Markers which have lead to the recent Rheumatism/Arthritis diagnosis. We have been trying to find the inflammation problem for 2 years, but the Bugga only decided to show itself in the blood last October .

I know that you know how elegant I am , (!), but I have been given compression gloves to sleep in

My Dears, they are the most revolting shade of beige ever seen, & the NHS calls them ‘Flesh-tone’

Black ones have been ordered…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The bread is being “raised” in the top oven at 50°, while the oven below heats up, Carinthia, so it ought to be warm enough. It rises like one o’clock first time, and then sulks.

However, this time it has got itself over the level of the top of the tin, which is a considerably improvement on last time, when it had done that and then sank again whilst it cooked.

I should hope that you are getting black gloves; beige is an Abomination.

And I suspect that nice Mr Ahmed, who gave me his phone number so that I could ring him two days after I had the bluds done on my own recognizance and advert him to have a look for the results, is probably Pondering about what may be going on, because he seems to be the sort of bloke who gets interested in things and wants to find out what is happening.

5 Likes

Yes, you do that, Fishy

Strange Bluds need an eye keeping on them , IMO

Right then

This 'ere bread

Is it possibly rising too quickly in too warm a place? If I was knocked back after a speedy effort, I’m sure that I too might sulk, & not bother again , but then I’m old fashioned

Share a Slammer anna Ponder ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The second loaf of the day is about twice the height of the previous ones, so I shall count that a success; but I am waiting until tomorrow to eat any, though you may of course have the crust, hot from the oven and buttered…

4 Likes

Well, good. Being enigmatic and mysterious is all very well, I imagine, but only insofar as one is in charge of the puzzle. I am very glad that you have a detective on your case, Fishers.

Pleasant dreams and praise to the risen loaves.

Soo xx

(I beat That Chatelaine to the First Crust.)

4 Likes

Sharpens elbows \________/ <------- Me Plate…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

As me old ma used to say, there’s crusts at each end of a loaf.

4 Likes

Anna bird-shaped hole through the middle?

5 Likes

The corner shop used to sell lovely bread, & we occasionally bought a loaf, if my Mother hadn’t made any.

The shop was 25 yards away, if that, but I had always bitten off the 4 crusty corners before I got back with it

Ahem…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

The deserving pour?

5 Likes

Snow here. Looks like there may be quite a lot of it.

It was forecast for this evening (naturally, since I had to drive to Dublin) so the chooks had to be kept in. Tried to explain the necessity to Bella, but she really does not appreciate confinement…

(If we let her out in this we’d never find her)

4 Likes

Poor wee cribbed cabined & confined Bella. Were you to let her out you wouldn’t half find her, though. Snow-white beasts show dirty/nicotine-stained cream against yer actua…argh!

Thattiff all ffffhee knowffff ptuii, god I hates elastic,
< signed, the polar bear currently eating Gus >

4 Likes

Apologies if I’ve posted this before, but I can’t resist

5 Likes

you have, dahlink, but no matter, it’s a grate fave. But you have fallen prey to the Larson Trap (is you a magpie wiv dyslexia, then?).

4 Likes

But I don’t have daily sex…

3 Likes

I don’t even have a cleaner…

PS: have you tacitly admitted to being to some degree a magpie? Only if you have, I have a cat that would be very interested in a one-to-one defeatheringbriefing wiv you…

4 Likes

The magpies round 'ere is Tuogh.

Mixed sky, force 1, enthusiastic tseepy birds, and a hyoooge robin peckiting about below.

yardarm

4 Likes

Mormung

I hatres beimg blond

Nit seeiung my screem is a bigger

3 Likes

Not found your spare Spex then, Twellsy …

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

That should be “blonde”, of course. HTH HAND.

4 Likes