So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

I haven’t checked the little feller for seaworthiness as yet. I will update you in due course. By the way, the daughter would be welcome to him if she would like (assuming he isn’t holed below the waterline or otherwise defective)

4 Likes

She would probably love and cherish him, for a fact.

4 Likes

Consider him hers. I have just given him the once-over and he comes complete with a functioning squeak.

4 Likes

He is a gorgeous wee duck

I am glad he will be cherished

I have a shredded arm thanks to a leopard objecting to being removed from an unsafe position on top of a door high above the stone floor

Wretched beast

4 Likes

Next time, just let him fall off it. It’s less wear and tear, and he can probably stand landing.

4 Likes

What is it with Bengals and the tops of doors? They’re obsessed, I tell you.

4 Likes

They are trying to tell you that doors should be kept shut so they are not sitting in a draft? Hence, too, the urge to climb up away from it?

3 Likes

I know

And having had two gorgeous Bengal boys die from injuries sustained in falls we are a bit paranoid about this boy

4 Likes

Oh, Twellsy, I didn’t know that. How dreadfully sad.

3 Likes

I really wouldn’t empty them tubs and tubes and so on, Gus. When the nonsensical fluids ban came in, one American airport was shut down for several hours after they emptied everyone’s bottles down the sinks and all the fluids came together - even though they were perfectly safe individually.

I think that that is a RAFfish duck.

5 Likes

Too late, dere Spadger, too late. But they is confined to a plastic sack, not swilling around in the water system. Although on reflection, the local pipes could probably do with a bit of smoothing and toning and general TLC.

Talking of noxious mixtures, I have come over all Madhur Jaffrey with cauliflower and potato and minced lamb… Ready in about half an hour, if anyone is feeling that sort of peckish.

5 Likes

Bugger! No mango chutney. I ask you, is that any way to run a commisariat?

5 Likes

Um… I am saying nowt, here.

5 Likes

Fear not - I have a jar to hand!

5 Likes

< worries greatly over the content of the ‘nowt’ to which the Fish is not giving utterance. Or giving utterance, depending on how purist one is feeling wrt negatives* >

*pay and destroy, always. Comes out cheaper in the end, believe me.

5 Likes

“Publish and be damned. Assuming you make it as far as the publisher.”

5 Likes

I am Concerned about That Chatelaine. Is she perchance suspended in mid-air above the marketplace? Has she been hauled before the beak for disorderly conduct and possession of a runically significant vessel with intent to swig?

G xx

4 Likes

She could be having fun with haberdashery

Or be asweep

5 Likes

as I hope to be soon. Goodnight!

4 Likes

I’m here, sorry for being late

The wheel was wonderful - 13 minutes inna stately manner above Chesterfield
Friend paid for me, as a ‘Thank-you’ for doing the Wedding Dress FOC

She got a bargain offer - she is a Pensioner so should have paid a fiver ,& I should have paid £6

The girl selling tickets obviously took account of the fact that, although I’m 59, I look 80 today, & let me on forra fiver too…

We went for Coffee afterwards & I had a cheese Scone with Butter & Onion Chutney

It was delicious

Had a Flump when I got home, & then went to the Post Office with a couple of parcels

Mega Flump when I got back, & I have been reading around the Boards for the last half hour

I think Summat Fortifying may be in order

I have to go to a Funeral tomorrow

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes