So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Glad to hear that Chesterfield has been expertly Overseen and that you are on terra firma and suitably fortified by a cheese scone, dahlink. I hope tomorrow is as good as these things can be.
G xxx

5 Likes

Our chatelaine has form where cheese scones are concerned

:wink::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Careful, Twellsyā€¦ :wink:

Itā€™s someone I have known for 49 years Gus

An Italian Family, so Full Requiem Mass in our nooly reordered Church

Funerals in Lent can be very stark - flowers in Church are frowned on during Lent , at least in the CofE ,so we will have to see what our Priest allows. The coffin flowers are usually left in the porch for the duration of the Mass because we place The Gospels on the coffin, & people going to Communion place their hand on it, as they go up

Carinthia. xx

4 Likes

49 years is a long time, me dear. Candle deployed. (( )) G xx

4 Likes

Thank-you

He was the Ice Cream Man - the family have made award-winning ice cream for years

A practical, & discreet philanthropist, he enabled much good work, which continues to this day, by buying buildings/providing facilities/forgetting to charge rent, etc.

I have been a Member of The Red Cross for 48 years 15 of those as Volunteer Fundraiser for Chesterfield

I never asked him for a penny, but the first Ā£20 always came from him

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

That brief tribute speaks volumes, Carinthia. I imagine it will be standing room only tomorrow.

RIP

G xxx

6 Likes

Yerss, it will, although there is a Catholic Tradition of the men standing at the backā€¦

They donā€™t play Pitch &Toss outside, in Chesterfield these days though

Thank God, or Deity of

choice

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Bleurgh. Morning all.

The small tseepy birds donā€™t care about the high haze and force 1. Thereā€™s a pecking order to be sorted out (again).

yardarm

5 Likes

Moaning

Edake free to good home

There are still NO takers for some reasonā€¦

5 Likes

Of course there arenā€™t, Twellsy

Orff shortly, when I have found Suitable Shoesies

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Bluds today. I am hoping that they are going to stop demanding them quite as often, since I have been stable apart from a single anomaly for over a year. Itā€™s a bore.

If the car wonā€™t start because the battery is a bit duff, that will be even more of a boreā€¦

4 Likes

I now test my bluddy blud at home with a fancy wee machine that works like a diabetic sugar monitor machine on a drop of blud

Then I text the reading to haematologists and they text back my dose

Technology used sensibly can be a help to all concerned

Hoping our chatelaine has warm comfy shoesies

5 Likes

I have just posted a 3D print of a gurt fish. Apparently itā€™s going to be used for hydrodynamic modelling.

As long as they pay, I donā€™t ask questionsā€¦

5 Likes

Canā€™t be doing with warm Shoesies, Twellsy

They were comfy when I went out, but 3 hours later they most defiantly were not

Sigh

I will have to think about them. They are Beeeyoootiful Shoesies, but my feet have changed shape in the last 2-3 years wiv this Rheumatic/Arthritis problem

Funeral was splendid

Didnā€™t go to the Burial or Bunfight, but there was an old double-decker 'bus laid on to take the mourners to the cemetery & thence to Hassop Hall

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Very Good. Weā€™ll be attending one on Friday morning, which may be less than that.

Having plowtered about in several Northumbrian locations over the last few days, I have to say that the entire county is covered in clarts. Most tarsome. May try the coast, tomorrow.

Soo xx

5 Likes

That is a new one on me, Bee. Excellent word. I shall probably adopt it. Sorry to hear of Friday.

G xx

3 Likes

But I can quite see why some clients feel obliged to offer an excuse explanation.

4 Likes

It was a great mix ovva Mass with English, Latin, & Italian used, & the benefit of having a Priest who can sing cannot be underestimatedā€¦

Bruno bought his first ice cream van in 1960, brand new

They still have it, restored to its full glory

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Fridayā€™s funeral is that of an old chap who would have been glad of the release, had he been privy to it, iyswim. Iā€™ll miss him, though.

The Lent lunch was hosted by Ye Catholics, today - they made a very tasty ham soup.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Quite! In the absence of an organist (she was poorly) the Deacon* may have been expected to lead the singing, but he, too, was poorly and could barely croak. Neā€™er mind, we found humour at every opportunity. Quietly.

Soo xx

*The Priest had nicked off on a Northumbrian retreat. I hope that he can swim through clarts.

5 Likes