So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

We have one of those, which I do only when I can feel that the top is cold while the bottom of it is hot. This means that i always do it when it is turned on, because otherwise how would I tell?

About the elbow, btw. I went to the doctor for a “heart condition” checkup yesterday; she totally ignored (as usual) my pointing out that the heart failure diagnosis was a misapprehension of the symptoms of thyroid failure, and is sending me for yet another heart scan which, like all the others, will show that I do not have heart failure (what a bloody waste of my time and the NHS’ money that is). She has also upped a medication which reduces blood pressure (how much below 55/105 does she want it to go for goodness’ sake?). However, when I took off my top for her to do the various checks she saw the elbow-brace I have been wearing for the past week and which is reducing the pain from that elbow day by day, and asked sharply what it was for; so I told her, and she is now trying to decide whether I have tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow, and has suggested an epicondylitis clasp to relieve the discomfort in the forearm which I am not getting… So I shan’t buy one, and we’ll see whether the one I do have works.

5 Likes

A similar thing happened to Late MiL too, except that hers was an older quack who should have known better

There was so much blood spilled that MiL asked if there was going to be black pudding, later…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Forget yer radiators, Cellarites, and put down the Medicinals: all hands to search for the Twells bleeding key.

4 Likes

Can’t find it anywhere, any more than I can find the spare car key, which is stubbornly Missing in two whole rooms and about half another one.

I am going to bed. Goodnight.

4 Likes

Gawds, is that the time? My supper is still in the oven.

5 Likes

My supper, I could almost be ashamed to admit, was a takeaway pizza. It was gloriously tasty and calorific - a perfect antidote to a freezing trudge at the coast. The wind kicked sand in my eyes, but my skin is polished, I have eyeballed several indoor venues to occupy our days until the 9th March, at least, as the weather is just not going to be kind.
I’m glad that you have pain relief, Twellsy.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I was going to arsk about the car key

Sigh

Methinks we need a Drink, or 3

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I do hope you are not the kind of Pollyanna who welcomes a slide down a scree slope as free arse-cheek exfoliation…
Nowt wrong with takeaway pizza - depending on the takeaway, of course :wink:
G xx

5 Likes

As so often, our Chatelaine makes an unarguable point.
G xx

4 Likes

Flumps on chaise hoping for gin

As yon bull is rallying I dined on suggestive biccies with butter and Red Leicester
It was lovely having a simple meal for me

4 Likes

Simple meal is fine, Twellsy, but make sure that you take the correct medication at the correct time, & with food, if necessary
Don’t be Bluddy Cavalier about it, 'cos you are on your own…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I am no kind of Pollyanna, Gus. After struggling through wind speeds of nothing like the gentle 16mph forecast, I tried desperately to avoid self-pity.

In spades, Twellsy.

I’m off to bed.

Soo xx

3 Likes

That’s all right then. You have no idea (actually, Bee, possibly you do) of the things I fantasised about doing to that particular Ray of Sunshine and Bringer of Joy.

Indoors is the way forward for the moment. That and some form of soothing ungulate on your (facial) cheeks.
Gxx

3 Likes

Gin, Soo

Don’t ferget yer Gin

I’m surprised that you were able to stand up in that

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I can’t get my drugs wrong as that thur bull has charts for me to fill in when he is away

And a nautomatic pill dispenser thing for my regular meds

He does his best to look after me and I try to be a good patient

As good as I get at any rate

Which is not good at all

5 Likes

Well, Shirley that’s simple enuff. Do you play tennis, or golf ? Simples.

You & Twellsie seem to have idiots for doctors. Mrs Shanks was, surprisingly, fir many years a member of the N Wales Health Trust Board & for 15 years Dep. Mgr at 2 big hospitals & later Deputy to the Chief Exec.

Possibly by sheer coincidence there’s a remark on our files which says (in fluent Doctor, which is like Klingon but worse handwriting) “don’t mess with these”. It works a treat. They do tend to listen.

Yon young 'un needs a slap Twellsie. Otherwise she’ll continue like this for decades. Sounds an arrogant twunk. Not local I’ll wager.

3 Likes

You’re in the Norff-Eest aren’t you Soo ? Whereabouts ?

I have an especially fine friend lives in Seahouses (which isn’t as wet as it sounds).

5 Likes

Being prepared to put a fried egg on top is always a Good Sign.

[ginnity] forra Twellsy, & for me, & for anyone else as does.

Orf to me nest.

5 Likes

Is there a different doctor at the practice you could see? Ideally one who is not deaf. Sorry - missed your post earlier or I would have growled sooner.

4 Likes

All Mr C’s Notes said : ‘Carinthia doesn’t like the look of him’ or ‘Carinthia thinks that he’s going orff’

I was always right, & he always was…

Possibly my finest hour was my friend Jeannie 'phoning me 30 years ago,long before Telephone Diagnosis was a thing, & asking without any preamble, if I thought that she had Shingles…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes