So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

What Gus said, Armers. My sympathy.
Soo xx

6 Likes

And mine, and on the same basis as Gus.

6 Likes

My sympathy too, Armers

Lighting a Candle, & raising a glass

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

What Gus said. A gentle death is what we’d all pray for.

5 Likes

Armrest

What a mercy a gentle end is

My condolences

6 Likes

Good nights, Armers and all.
Soo xx

5 Likes

That Bird broke down on a dual carriageway some way from anywhere, with a disc-brake that was glowing red. Rang RAC at 7pm. They said with you by 8:30.

At 9:37 I got a text asking whether I could ring them and find out what was happening.

At 9:40 I dialled their number.

At 10:36 they replied to the phone… and couldn’t work out what was wrong. They had a record of the call, they had a record of sending a patrol out to it, they had the right place in their records. The nice man said he would find out what had happened and ring the Bird on the (presumably dying, after hanging on for fifteen minutes failing to to get through to them after 9pm) cellphone.

I am singularly unimpressed.

5 Likes

Oh no! Pore Bird. Also pore Fish, because you will now be anxious and unsettled and things until Matters Are Resolved.
A murrain on them. Later, once they have sorted Hedgers out, obviously. A delayed sort of murrain.
Grrr.
Gus xx

4 Likes

Deffo delayed murrains, but kindest wishes for That Bird and the attendant Fish.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Buggrit, Fishy

What a nuisance

Slammers whilst we are waiting ?

I have been Very Good & fitted a Noo seal to the bottom of the shower door before rehanging it

Twellsy, I LOVE the typo… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Aaaargh

Bluddy spell check phone

Apologies Armers
I am going to take my phone to bits with a hammer some day soon

6 Likes

Or you could bludgeon it with an armrest. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How on earth do you see anything posting onna Bluddy 'phone ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

They had lost the call.

They are inefficient crothounds.

They now say 11:45 to 00:00 for their arrival; that is five hours sitting by the road, chances are.

I am totally unimpressed.

5 Likes

Oh Ferk, Fishy

Not good

Have a Hug & another Slammer

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Oh bluddy hell. We’re doubling up on the murrains now, possibly with a pox or two thrown in for good measure.

5 Likes

None required. I may change my name. Maybe also add Footstool.

I shall not be settled until that bird gets home. 5 hours doing nothing except wait is a poor thing indeed.

5 Likes

It is not warm out there, either. I am slightly concerned, let’s say. And even if it can be fixed on the spot, which seems possible but unlikely, I think I shan’t go to bed until I am sure Mini and I won’t be needed to do a spot of Fetching and Carrying.

5 Likes

A Sparrow should be in its nest by now. Even on my side of the pond. Best wishes to That Bird. xx

5 Likes

I am going to rev up my broom to take supplies of anti freeze to a wee birdie and a soothing draught of summat to a fish

Not good at all that service

I worry about the cellarati

Dere chatelaine

My phone is quite big sort of half tablet size

And my magnifying light thing works a treat

I do have some sight left

4 Likes