So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Oh, well done Leggy-Armers…
(I have long depended upon a rather slatternly air about the Cellar, but must adapt, I suppose.)

So this is why you were forced into donning shorts, then?

Medicinals?
Soo xx

5 Likes

Definitely Medicinals, dere, to bolster me after that glimpse of Armers’ knees. [gluggity] [gluggity] [thass better]
G xxx

5 Likes

What is this “dryer” of which you speak?

4 Likes

Couldn’t possibly comment, Fishers, ahem.
Muchos gluggitos after the knee scenario. Thanks, Dere Gus.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Maybe we should keep Armers, in his shorts, on permanent stand by, like WC Fields’ emergency whisky snake. He’d get a cut of the drinks, of course, to make it worth his while.

5 Likes

Dryers are similar to washing machines but they dry laundry

Essential in this climate

4 Likes

I always iron Pillock Cases & used to iron Mr C’s PJs as he said that they felt better

When he was well enuff, he always did his own ironing - learned doing National Service

My ironing was, for many years, the ‘Forensic Pressing’ sort, as you have to press through each stage of the dressmaking/alterations process, so it’s summat I’m quite good at

There was even a sleeve-board deployed at Carinthia Towers…

Am having a Flump

Looks around innan Hopeful Manner…

I never wanted a tumble drier, but we had Late Aged Aunt’s, rather than throw it away, & I was very grateful when I had to wash/dry 2 loads every day when Mr C was ill

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Aye, and there’s one here, too, my Dear xx
:champagne:
Let’s celebrate Vernal Equinox and be glad ovvit. Chin-chin, Dearies.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Your ironing is still of that sort, Carinthia. I have been a beneficiary of your talents and appreciate the skills needed.
Soo xx

5 Likes

It’s our ‘turn’ for the Lent Lunch, tomorrow.
We have made our usual carrot and coriander, guarateed veggie, soup and have bought suitable cheeses.
See you, after.
Sweet dreams, all,
Soo xx

5 Likes

I have made a vegetable soup from the veggies which poached under the chicken breasts

I think that Carrot & Coriander is my favourite, though

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Morning all.

Fluffy clouds, blue sky, lots of small tseepy birds, and my host in Cambridge is ill so I won’t be going there tonight.

yardarm

5 Likes

Good morning

I am off to fang quack today

If I can defrost…

7 Likes

Sorry that your host is ill, Dunnock

Have had a ‘Testfahrt’ with the Skype & I will be called back in 10 minutes

The wonders of technology means that there is a rather large picture of my face on the screen in the classroom

Goes orff to apply lipstick…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I’ll probably go to a different mate in Cambridge and play boardgames.

Break a virtual leg, Carinthia…

5 Likes

Slightly shaky here, after speaking to them all individually for 40 odd minutes

They are coming to London in June & staying at Southend on Sea, so are quite excited

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well done dear

Now would you like a huge or an enormous slammer?

5 Likes

Oh, 'Normous, please

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

If they aren’t equipped for Sarfend, let 'em know they can get Stanley knives in the B&Q…

[pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

Well done, Our Carinthia!

The Hive is inna state of disruption, as the treadmill arrived, a wee while ago, and a difference of project management opinions means that the stairs are blocked by the bugga and we await the arrival of a furniture removal chappie.

The Lent Lunch was declared a success (although one bowl of my carrot and coriander soup was sent back as it was ‘too spicey’). It was quite tiring, really.

Soo xx

4 Likes