So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

In my opinion, the hype and tripe that followed Diana’s death was, and is, intolerable. Although I regret the death of any human, she has had the ‘benefit’ of many years of ‘Grief’, whereas there aren’t enough years in which we can express our regret and sadness for the victims of Two (could now be Three) World Wars.

Anyhoo, I’ll shuffle off. Kindest wishes to all Cellarites and their charges.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Soo

Don’t shuffle orff without it

I propose that we have an Medicinal Summat, or 3

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I’m still here, Dere.
Medicinals are always welcome. As you know.
Soo xx

4 Likes

So much I could say about remembrance, but I’ll just go to bed with me liter of gin.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Just done some Fiendish Cunning Programming…

Orf to me nest.

5 Likes

Fiendish and Cunning

Gulp

Tsweep well , Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Oh lor’, Sparrer. Not at us, I hope.
Sleep the sleep of a righteous and diligent Dunnock. I hope a small [gluggity] was applied before ennestment took place.

4 Likes

Charbonnel et Walker
A mystery prize to whoever picks up that reference. The emboldment is significant.

4 Likes

Is anyone awake?
Stoppit at once.
Gx

4 Likes

Morning folks

5 Likes

Yet another hazy day. Slightly less fog than yesterday.

Small tseepy birds mostly staying at 'ome after a long Friday night.

yardarm

5 Likes

Bacon butties on the table

A platter forra wee birdie by the nest

5 Likes

[happy peckity]

[tops up gin lake]

5 Likes

Something to do with Oscar?

4 Likes

Not Wilde. One either will or won’t have read the book, it’s not a known ‘quotation’. Random Gus-burble Syndrome. Sorry.
I feel that OFO’FWW must have been somewhat wearing to have around the place for any length of time. Vastly overrated, imo

4 Likes

With regard to Charbonnel et Walker, I am very partial to their rose and violet creams. I have the cheaper BEECH’S versions in my possession, which will have to do. They arent as pretty, though.

How goes it with the treadmill, Fishers? I am persisting with mine, but my boredom levels vary according to what’s on Radio 4. The voyages of Magellan made for a slightly more enjoyable trudge, this morning.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Rose and violet creams? A bee after me own heart, you are.

The ref is to Good Behaviour, Molly Keane, btw.

4 Likes

I only guessed Oscar because of a vague memory of a quotation from him on a box of Charbonnel et Walker bon-bons. I’ve not read the Molly Keane; is it Highly Recommended?

4 Likes

Very much so.

4 Likes

Well, itizz bright & sunny outdoors, & I am indoors & Bluddy cold…

I may need an Medicinal…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes