So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

http://www.findlaysthebutchers.co.uk/puddings/red-pudding.html

4 Likes

Cat flaps…
We recently stayed in an Edinburgh B&B. The house next door had a hole in the door, for their cat. To close this aperture, they had rigged up a sort of drawbridge, that was operated by tugging on the string attached - this was looped up over the door.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I did indeed make up for lost sleep, dere Chatelaine - have not long since arisen from me scratcher… (where The Scratcher was nesting on me feet)

Hope the hospital visit goes well and is constructive
G xxx

5 Likes

Gus has, and not a drawbridge arrangement, but very rarely is it locked. She does not normally bugger off for protracted periods at that time of night.

4 Likes

I’m still rather fond of this dead-mouse-recognition project:

https://lmb.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/people/ronneber/cvflap/

(The original “Flo control” site was at quantumpicture dot com but that’s been replaced with tracker junk.)

6 Likes

Oof

Flump

Am back, & with a craving for Black Pudding now

Sigh

Used to get some lovely Black/White Puddings from the Market in WTT, but not for years now, & I had never seen Red before

Both Terrorists were very pleased with me , so it’s Eye Test on Wednesday,Podiatrist on Thursday & Head Honcho on Monday

Gawds, the excitement

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[pourity] a precautionary Medicinal.

5 Likes

Thank-you Dunnock

I’ll be needing an Lie Down,so an Medicinal is a Good Idea

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

“mouse event”

:laughing:

5 Likes

There was a study done of feeding habits in America which divided them thus:
Structured food event = formal meal sitting at a table, with others or not
Semi-structured food event = informal meal on a tray, with others or not
Non-structured food event = grazing from the fridge

5 Likes

'Riddled with castanets’
That’s wot the nice R3 man just said.

5 Likes

A bit of a disaster, all in all. Sauce was superb, as I said. Unfortunately the person for whom the burgers were being made rang ahead with their ETA and strict instructions to have the dinner ready when they got there, but failed to take into account the Sunday roadworks factor. By the time they actually arrived, it was just about edible, but with the consistency of a hockey puck. The buns were pretty much dried out, too. Oh well, in future I’ll prep ahead but nothing gets cooked until the recipients are actually on the premises. Or stick to the slow cooker.

As to the herbs, I just used a recipe from the Kenwood site: basil, parsley, thyme, bit of black pepper and (the surprising one) juice and grated zest from ½ a lemon.

4 Likes

Oh bugrit, joe, what a disappointment after all your efforts.
Trying to drag self kitchenwards at the moment, with no clear plan. Roast cat, though a tempting notion, is something I would probably Regret.

6 Likes

oooh, do you know the ice chips trick? If you want to keep the middle of your burgers rarish and moist, form them with a vey little chipped ice in the centre. This only works if you shape them immediately before lobbing them onto the barbecue, of course… Would only think of doing that with beef I had minced myself, though (fans an anxious Bee and proffers restorative Gin)

4 Likes

Sounds like a handy hint, Gus and should we evva have cause to wheel out the BBQ I shall employ it.
We’ve returned from the Quiz Night. Nightmare. So much stuff about TV ‘personalities’, including picture recognition left us cold. We managed the few scientific questions…and a few others. The food was beige.
Soo xx

6 Likes

We gave up on quiz nights when we realised that too much of the questions were sport, TV personalities, or politics. Oh, and popular music.

5 Likes

Oddly enough, I thought about you, Fishers, as sheet after sheet of sheety questions landed upon our table. You wouldn’t have cared for the food, either.
Soo xx

4 Likes

What a shame, joe. Have a sisterly hug.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I must away to rest my tired ‘brain’.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

G’night, Soo. G’night, all.

4 Likes