So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

I has no idea you were yolk phobic.

Sorry :clown_face::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Very occasionally scrambled, yes, Wiv smoked salmon - ye-es, but I generally prefer wiv mushrooms. With smoked salmon was made a lot for Himself, latterly, leading to allegations of malingering just to be Spoilt. Well, it was something he could eat one-handed, and he did rather like itā€¦

4 Likes

Nae worries, Armers. Itā€™s only a picture of a yolk. But Eggs Wot Stare At One are something I avoid. This category, by the way, includes the fried egg sandwich, as one cannot be certain that the lurking egg wonā€™t peel back the top slice for a quick bit of eyeballing. It was an explanation of this that prompted a colleage to pause for a bit and then observe: ā€˜You know, Gus, the trouble with you is, you think youā€™re normalā€™. The cheek of it.

5 Likes

Pah! Try eating any egg with the bereaved mother staring reproachfully through the window at youā€¦

6 Likes

Not only cake within the meaning of the act but also pains aux raisins, and I have the empty bag here to prove it.
Good thing I bought one: needed something to revive me after the homeward bus journey. Full of skoolchildren it was, and hijus beyond description. I shall try to time things better in future. They get chucked out earlier than when I were a lass, thatā€™s for sure.

4 Likes

So this dark brown malt and sultana cake made wiv eggs dark muscovado sugar treacle and flour and stuff including dark rum will not be taken amiss?

A fresh sour dough loaf for our chatelaine

6 Likes

[peckity]
[peckity][peckity]
[peckitypeckitypeckity]

5 Likes

[chompity] [gronfff]
Most kind, Twellsy. And a very fine cake indeed. Um. I might have to busy myself this evening with that gingerbread again. For I found crystallised ginger in the wondrous emporium of exotica earlier.
I shall keep the Cellar posted.

4 Likes

Thinking about our Chatelaine.
Also boiling a cherub (well, syrup really, but I prefer Mrs Cadoganā€™s version) to go on the gingerbread once it is disenovened, so am multitasking.
Gxxx

5 Likes

Our Chatelaine must be cherished and thought about, for sure.
:wine_glass: < thatā€™s the nearest I can do, around these parts, to proffer a BM. Itā€™s wee and weedy, but kindly meant.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

:tomato::cocktail: perhaps?

or just

5 Likes

Yerra clevva Spuggie.
Aye - that.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Er, wottiz round the rim of that glass, Spadger? [peers all suspicious-like]

4 Likes

And the bastarding thing is still not cool enough to ice. It therefore follows that it is also not cool enough to put away. Holding a Gingerbread Vigil here, then, and I might as well ice it and get all the sticky over and out in one ā€˜foulā€™ [I know, I know] swoop, mightnā€™t I? Off my own ā€˜backā€™, tooā€¦
Yrs, suffering from too much Internet (not here, perish the thort)
Gus xxx

4 Likes

Airlines are bastards.

Thassorl. (For now)

4 Likes

The swine, joe. Flying or (quite possibly from the enigmatic nature of your exasperation) otherwise.

One pitcher is not enough, so have a trayful. Of pitchers, not yer actual liquid, that would be silly and prone to massive lass through spillage. And not enough to begin with.
Sympathies
Gus x

4 Likes

I meant of course, massive loss - this isnā€™t an Oktoberfest, after all.
Safe, even if infuriating, journeys, joe. Thereā€™s something flute-related I meant to post for you. Not tonight then, but remind me
G x

4 Likes

I fink it wuz salt, Gus. At least the site I got it from seemed to be advertising terribly expensive salt hand-grained by Guatemalan virgins or summat.

Actual blue in the sky today. Small tseepy birds confused 'cos itā€™s been a while.

yardarm

5 Likes

Grey here

I has fang quack at noon

Bacon butties and fresh loaves on tableā€¦

6 Likes

Sorry Dears, I thought that I had Posted last night

Was completely overwhelmed with tiredness after being out for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon & slept for hours on & off

Have been up at 6, 7 & 8am this morning, & threw up at 9-30 so feel abit fragile

Will have a slow day until my appointment this afternoon

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes