So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

That was good timing!

4 Likes

Apologies for the interruption in service - thought that I had broken The Internetty again

Frankly, it would have been easier to open the door & shout

Brown Soda with Butter, please, if thereā€™s any left

Another BM would go down very nicely

Ancient Aunt & Uncle used to cause confusion in certain Hotels by asking for Brown Toast

Azzin Brown Bread, Toastedā€¦

I will Flump after Fā€™Dave returns the car, & I have taxed it

Iā€™ll prolly keel over after all that

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Joe, have you seen Zero Hour! (1957)? Itā€™s the film from which Airplane! got its structureā€¦ and some of its funniest lines, though in the original they werenā€™t funny.

5 Likes

Missed that one; is it worth a YouTube search? (Have just treated myself to the DVD of Airplane so the comparison might be entertainingā€¦)

4 Likes

My pleasure! The great thing about soda bread, of course, is that it can be pretty much made on demand.

4 Likes

Wonderful stuff

My Spinster Aunt made the best white soda , & my Uncleā€™s Wife the best brown

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I think that was the ā€œturkey hamā€ Joe.

Iā€™ll be honest I dont ā€˜getā€™ meat substitutes. Eat the effinā€™ stuff, or donā€™t, but donā€™t pretend !

5 Likes

Actually, I think youā€™ll find thatā€™s the TA producersā€™ mission statement

4 Likes

And if it is ā€œsausageā€ meat made with soya and used to make a stew, I will be very ill.

3 Likes

I rather enjoyed it, but I like overblown 1950s drama.

5 Likes

That what you get for upsetting our wee Beeā€¦

Ah. Other Soo, now I get you. Shame. Is it Spring making him particularly peppery?

4 Likes

Muffled Snork !

Have got the car back, & taxed it over the Telephonic Device

Iā€™ll go to the Post office with the Sympathy Cards wot I wrote whilst I was waiting

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Partly that, but I think the real problem is that heā€™s been a bit jumpy after the dog attack - understandably. Then of course heā€™s seen us apparently attacking Jules twice a day. The irony is that this is the first day sheā€™s not being grabbed and dosed.

It wasnā€™t anything serious, anyway - just a warning peck. The trouble is theyā€™re not particularly discriminating about where their sharp bits go, so better to get the precautionary jab. It was overdue anyway, and the occasional peck or scratch pretty much goes with the territory.

4 Likes

Met a small spider in the garden.

(WARNING to the spiderphobic.)

Seriously, there's a picture of a spider in here.

Those ridges sheā€™s walking past are about 10mm apart.

5 Likes

Ooooof

Flump!

I am exhausted

I got thon Bull to take me shopping

He offers a trip to the big city to see what is on offer there in larger stores

I now have a pretty sewing basket from Aldi along with a rotary cutting tool

And a set of 4 straight knitting looms (at less than half price) along with pom-pom wool

And a range of posh salad veg and most importantly soda farls for sossige and negg butties to keep me happy

After all a girl needs to remember her youth and a decent brekker a la peelerā€™s canteen

Try eating a sossige and egg fried soda farl without messing up your uniformā€¦

5 Likes

Itā€™s called self-promotion, dahlink

3 Likes

Goodness yes, I hadnā€™t thought of that. Hope Jules is well on the way to full recovery.
Mrs B. Cat seems to be pretty much the ticket, although she is a bit discombobulated by the heat. If you are a black cat and you will go to sleep in a sunny spotā€¦ heaved herself in through the flap and did her Dead Cat Flumph onto a cool bit of wood floor, looking truly pathetic (for about five minutes)

Prompted by Cellarite industry I now have a batch of brat-bread under construction. I had forgotten, and it was pretty much promised for this weekend: thank you, folks.

4 Likes

I think I am in luuuurve

Fever tree have introduced a tonic with angostura in it

It is more than wonderful

Pink gin anyone?

6 Likes

Oh, go on then; but a slice of lime rather than cat biscuits, please.

Hereā€™s mud in your eye, as they say (gawd knows why)

4 Likes

OOoooh.

(Not that I would be wivout me bottle of Angostura anyway, of course.)

5 Likes