That BLOODY woman again

Kirsty ‘Bridezilla’ Miller. Overstepped the mark by several furlongs there, the nasty, nebby, interfering, ignorant, ill-bred besom.
It is ok to invite two people one feels ought to get together to a large party without consulting them; it is also permissible to invite one person at the earnest behest of a friend who is yearning and drooping and being generally sickening and tiresome, to a smaller ‘thing’. But there has to be a special circle of Hell for someone who sets up two individuals, at neither’s request, in a one-to-one sort of arrangement and does a bleedin’ runner.

6 Likes

At least they will have something to talk about (i.e. the thread title).

3 Likes

She may have forgotten how resoundingly successful was her decision to give Helen’s phone number to Leon after Helen had stated that she didn’t want him to have it because she didn’t want to see him again, but I haven’t.

She ought to have learnt from that to be aware that she is a lousy matchmaker.

Lexi is a seasonal fruit-picker with two children at home. The fruit pickers leave Ambridge in the middle of September because there is no work for them during the winter. What is the point of throwing Lexi and Roy at each other anyway?

3 Likes

Sending Roy to EasternEuropeanvakia?

4 Likes

Fattening her up for the migration?

3 Likes

She needs a baby if you ask me.

4 Likes

It’s because she didn’t grieve properly …

4 Likes

Oh great, now we have Phoebe demanding Roy call Lexi. Why do people in Ambridge put up with this sort of thing? Lilian lets Adam tell her off, Adam lets Ian dictate what he should do and think …

I remember Christopher Carter telling Susan ‘snout out’. Wish it happened more often!

6 Likes

Aye, I’ve been saying for years that more people ought to say “no, Linda”.

4 Likes

[quote=“HedgeSparrow, post:9, topic:599”]
more people ought to say “no, Linda”.
[/quote]Although you are on the right lines, that isn’t exactly the wording that more people ought to be using.

4 Likes

I like Lynda, but yes, say ‘no’. I dislike the way David and Ruth habitually say to each other, ‘What does she want?’ but shamelessly use her energy when it suits them, such as over Route B. Then they abandoned the cause when they thought they were moving.

4 Likes

Could lose the comma…

4 Likes

Am I alone in liking Lynda? I have a fondness for the bossy-boots.

5 Likes

Evidence from ‘various sources’ suggests that you are not; but you jolly well ought to be.

5 Likes

Not alone Janie. She was so kind to Vicky when she really needed a friend. She’s a very generous hearted woman. That’s why Ruth mocks her because she’s got a shrivelled up old walnut for a heart, all dried out and bitter.

5 Likes

Marjorie, Lynda is sometimes generous-hearted, but not invariably. And she is such a pretentious, obsessive, bullying and intrusive bore and public nuisance that it would take a great deal more than her occasionally being kind and understanding (to the likes of Kate Madikane , ffs!) for me to strike her off my ‘shoot on sight’ list.

Nothing wrong with being bitter and twisted, either. Although there is a great deal wrong with being Ruth, of course.

5 Likes

Not alone, Janie. Lynda is essentially kind, and always tries to help if someone is in trouble – unless it is Eddie Grundy and the trouble is of his own making, and I sympathise there.

I’d a lot rather have Lynda than Lily, who is odious and at least as bossy, or Phoebe, who is now a brat.

4 Likes

As village public bores go she’s really not bad. Our bossy driving forces have far fewer redeeming features.

5 Likes

That’s it, Ruth is very mean-minded and Lynda is not, for all her faults. Gus, see your point about Kate! Back to that ‘BLOODY woman’, Kirsty, again, in similar fashion I very much old against her her ever-lasting praise of the lovely Helen. Saying she’d ‘do anything for her boys’ was particularly nauseating when clearly it’s not the case. If by ‘do anything’ she means park them on the nearest living entity, then of course, yes.

5 Likes

And they are still at large and unstrangled? What a tolerant lot you must be.

4 Likes