The biter bit!

At last someone dumps their brat on Helen at short notice.

Is it too much to hope that Ian will be featuring as a key component of dere Adam 's next soil-enrichment scheme?

7 Likes

He’ll deserve it if so.

6 Likes

That was a thoroughly enjoyable episode all round. First, as you say, Helen gets a toddler dumped on her, I’m only sorry that it was just the one. Still, that plus GiddyJack and Henwee, must have caused her to bestir herself if only to try and offload them onto someone else.

Then, Ian bursting in on the meeting was already going a fair way to cock up Adam’s chances of the job, but Adam so cleverly explaining that of course he had to leave Home Farm as he’d been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, that well and truly did the trick. Lovely! Now each can blame, is blaming the other one!

For once I’m not even going to bother thinking about whether this or that aspect of the situation was plausible. Unlike with the stupid Kyle plot.

6 Likes

I think Ian being so obviously prepared on literally no evidence to assume Michael Park to be a very unpleasant person who had affairs with married men and told barefaced lies about it would have scuppered Adam’s chances. I wouldn’t employ someone whose husband called me a liar like that: it would be more potential trouble than a sulky land-manager was worth, however knowledgable Adam may be about The Soil (in which, as we know, the Answer Lies).

6 Likes

Ideally about six feet down.

6 Likes

Yes, indeed, that is the beauty of the situation: each one can now blame the other. Adam is blaming Ian for what you say above and Ian can quite justly blame Adam for creating an atmosphere of lies and secrecy for the last few weeks and - final cherry on the cake - stupidly blurting out to Michael Parks about taking ÂŁ5,000 from the farm account!

It really couldn’t happen to two nicer people!

6 Likes

I’m not sure whether to hope Xander succumbs to infantile paralysis* during their bitter divorce proceedings or that he thrives, only to become the subject of an even more bitter reverse custody battle.

*other ailments are available. Lots of 'em. Hurrah!

5 Likes

Jennifer will point out that he is no relation at all to Ian but had Adam’s sperm in his making, and that will definitely cause there to be a fight over him.

6 Likes

Teehee. Two of JD’s brood each enthusiastically repudiating their own spawn! Frabjousness abounding!

6 Likes

Three if you count Kate simply abandoning Phoebe and swanning off for several years.

6 Likes

True; but I was thinking more of Jenny’s list of current woes. Dipso daughter, limited access to latest grandbrat, horrible poky little kitchen… Soon to be augmented by Brian having been really quite lenient towards unfair to Darling Adam, Ian being unfair to D.A., D.A. wanting to leave…
Good-oh.

6 Likes

Four, surely? Kate counts double.

5 Likes

Hasn’t Kate walked away from three children? So if Adam buggers off that will make 5 abandoned Aldridge spawn.

4 Likes

The problem with Kate is that she walks away from her children and then won’t stay away from them. Though I must admit she is doing pretty well by Noluthando and Sipho at the moment.

5 Likes

I was considering making it five, but then thought it’s four instances of abandonment—with one of them being a twofer.

6 Likes