The Chickenpiss Kid is seven

This fact was actually mentioned on air this evening. So why does he still sound like a backward pre-schooler?

3 Likes

Because they cannae be airsed to do anything about it.

3 Likes

Another one of those things which makes you realise the SW’s ARE actually taking the p!$$ these days. They must know full well that they’ve left him in developmental limbo but still they come with his infantile behaviour and voice

4 Likes

Like applying whips and scorpions to the little ‘actor’? Worth a try and might be fun for its own sake.

3 Likes

How about - I know this is a radical suggestion, but bear with me - finding an actor of appropriate age?

3 Likes

They claimed that that is what they have.
It has to be a relative of TBTB, since it appears they are not going down the ‘retarded little sod route’ after all, and therefore can’t be wanting him to sound like the world’s oldest toddler.
Add ‘children’ to the list of Topics They Know Sod-All About?

4 Likes

I’ve thought that for a long time.

There is really no other reason for using the talentless little sod.

4 Likes

Maybe this is what happens when you insult the casting director? (See also what happens when you insult the sound engineer…)

4 Likes

But what happens if you insult the audience?

(Promotion and/or an award, probably.)

3 Likes

I read somewhere that they were deliberately moving to using older actors to play younger characters because of their greater level of acting training; which suggests the voice is put on?

5 Likes

Since Hank sounds about two, presumably they hired a three-year-old?

4 Likes

They have said more than once that Henry is played by a child actor of the same age as Henry.

I despair of said poor actor, mind.

4 Likes