The Johnny-no-mates of The Clan

Tonight there were multiple references to the non-attendance of the Brookfield Archers at the engagement bash. None to the similar - apparent - absence of the BFNI. Now they didn’t go to something or other recently partly because it was the birthday of Kim Jong Helen and partly because they were In A Tizz about IBR.
Were they present but silent or absent and unlamented?

7 Likes

That’s a damn’ good question. You’d expect Lilian’s brother to have been invited, wouldn’t you; rather more than Lilian’s cousin, really.

5 Likes

There’s not much logic quite often with the Archers, I still haven’t got over Tony’s 65th being ignored when normally they get out the bunting for the cats birthday.

7 Likes

I did wonder this evening, from what Kenton was saying, whether Elizabeth’s 50th is going to end up with
no Brookfield
no Kenton
no Bridge Farm
plus some kind of emergency which curtails Shula’s and / or Alistair’s attendance.

‘Miss Smarty gave a party
Nobody came’.

I’d like that.

5 Likes

Yes :grinning:

2 Likes

That pretty much accords with Peggy’s world view.

5 Likes

Where was Susan? After all, she is fambley.

3 Likes

And Locke is Otherwise Engaged that day, too.

2 Likes

Engaged?
To Miranda perhaps? He was described as “A very attractive man” the other day.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t invite the spiteful harpy, always either seeing the worst in everything and everyone or crawling for a bit of reflected glory.

2 Likes

She is splendidly awful - very well played but I wouldn’t want to be in the same room.

3 Likes

A further use for the floating bedroom.

3 Likes

Weighted down, of course.

2 Likes