They are working hard to rehabilitate Helen

For the most part she is consistent. Which is why I hate it when they try to make her nice. Which is what I think they are doing at the moment. Such jolliness about Johnny not being there to spare her the hard graft. Such joyous hefting of crates!

Oh, except for the lyrical grabiness about the million pounds offered by Justin; that was pure (or impure) Helen! Didn’t she and Tom gloat in similarly eloquent fashion at the prospect of Tony and Pat taking on a huge mortgage so that she and Tom could inherit when the aged Ps expired?

2 Likes

They did. They revolted me then, they revolt me now. And for all that they are partners in the business, or so we have been told, they do not own the land.

2 Likes

Consistent, yes - but that doesn’t preclude lack of credibility!

1 Like

Tom seems to have forgotten that when he so nastily said, ‘So, that’s it then, three against one’ or words to that effect, when Pat said she was for selling (or perhaps not totally against it). But then Tom is not good at figuring out who has a vote that counts, is he? He allowed Rob to think he had a vote on how the shop was to be run.

2 Likes

With which the rest of the BFNI seemingly concurred. Compare and contrast their treatment of Hayley and Brenda.

3 Likes

Essentially it boiled down to everyone having to do what Helen said. She said Hayley was not family so she was booted out. Did Helen also make sure Brenda was not included? I remember the matter came up during the e-coli crisis (ooh, I could have phrased that better!) And she acted as if Rob had a vote [edited to add: or at least did nothing to contradict the notion.] so he did. [What’s more, Pat colluded in Rob’s power grab by telling Tom to back off.]

Even whilst being abused, Helen managed to bully the family through Rob!

4 Likes

I found it a bit unrealistic that Helen didn’t give Tom a good bollocking for bugga ing up their chance of money grabbing.
In recent episodes LP has even sounded different and a bit difficult to recognise as Helen.
She’s becoming too nice and reasonable and i don’t like it.

4 Likes

It won’t last. Remember her being “transformed by motherhood”? Lasted about three weeks IIRC.

3 Likes

Yes a bit like when she was transformed by being the latest Mrs Titchner. Wondering round the village telling everyone how ‘everything worked as it should’ or wtte regarding the honeymoon. Good bit of cringe making writing that. The honeymoon bubble burst in one week, or was it two?

4 Likes

Hullo clouds, hullo sky, hullo Sabatier Aîné & Perrier 15cm boning knife.

4 Likes

While a boning knife has its place and purpose (aye, ya dolt, that’s why they call it a ‘boning knife’), I can’t help thinking there was kit better fitted to Little Mrs Titchener (Little Mrs Titchener sitting in the kitchen a-hating of her husband and a-clutching of a knife, & etc, please apply to Rubbish Ballads is Us). A decent hunting knife (with finger guard, that’ s rather important - actually it’s not, who cares about her fingers? ) would have done the job properly.
Not that I muse much about these things, oh no…

3 Likes

Really it should have been a curd knife.

2 Likes

One of the truly remarkable things about the whole incident was indeed that she stabbed a man twice, hard enough nearly to kill him, using an ordinary kitchen knife, kept hold of the knife, and didn’t cut her own hand to the bone. I mentioned this at the time and was ignored.

2 Likes

They got back from the honeymoon on Friday 31st July, 2015 (rare people who come home for the weekend) and Rob started raping her on Thursday 27th August, 2015. So that was a month, give or take. It just seems less time. And he had been being tetchy and unpleasant before that, but sine that had been being his normal state for a while, she didn’t entirely notice.

2 Likes

They don’t call her Helen the Razor for nuffink. Bin practising on the cows since she was little…

3 Likes

I don’t recall ignoring you on that one, Fishers. I might have agreed silently. Daftness, all the way down…

2 Likes