This episode…

…should carry a health warning.

At least it’s before I was going to have dinner.

2 Likes

Why do they let Pip get away with this perpetual sniping at Josh? And does it never occur to her that people who are happy to join in her nastiness about someone might be equally happy to join in someone’s nastiness about her?

4 Likes

Drives me bonkers, too, Fanta.

How about: ‘Pip, it is our job, not yours to manage Josh. Kindly remember that you are being paid for farm work and he is not.’

And they let her get away with being rude to Jill without asking her to apologise but instead just went on and on about her overtiring her precious self. Jill had to cave in about Toby after a stern talking-to from Ruth. It obviously doesn’t work the other way round.

At least it’s becoming clear she is Pippy-no-mates. I derived a small amount of satisfaction from that.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it means she inflicts herself on us, rather than someone in a position to cause her pain and physical damage.

3 Likes

Joe, specially for you with your acute ear, today’s crop of Pipisms:

things to dooooo
fetching bayoos - compare and contrast with heoowping with the baiLs
A we-yoo feast
Ewooder flower
stacK iT and we’re done

4 Likes

And! If they are going to let Pip and Josh carry on sniping at each other, at least give them decent rifles and ammunition.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll accept it as one. Just in from an evening dog walk and was wondering whether to LA.

4 Likes

Them? Them? Thank you very bluddy much. What about us? We’d enjoy the pure sport of it. Imagine Pip’s head stuffed and mounted in the downstairs jakes.

5 Likes

You might want to listen for the pleasure of hearing Rex backing away from Pip when she asked him if he’d like to have a drink in The Bull sometimes. And Alice is obviously ducking her calls, so it wasn’t all bad!

4 Likes

If someone wants to stuff a tractor tyre in her gob, I won’t object.

4 Likes

I missed it too

I’ll see how I feel tomorrow

Ahem

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Yes I would enjoy that. I’ll give it a go and fast-forward Pip vs Josh.

5 Likes

Pygmalion was on yesterday evening and this afternoon.

How about Pygmalion for the next “Lynda Snell presents…” with Pip as Eliza, and the second half re-written as a dismal failure for Professor Higgins?

4 Likes

How about Thyestes?

4 Likes

Brilliantly appropriate, but would you want your dinner after?

(Coincidentally I have just reread the Falco novel where that sort of Greek repast is a theme.)

4 Likes

A far better idea, something along those lines

There’s a limerick which starts with ‘A man called Andronicus, Titus’ and ends with 'Of his sons / crying ‘Daddy, don’t bite us’, but the middle bits are lost to drink and loose living, dammit. Any infill gratefully received.

3 Likes

I could do with losing a bit of weight…

2 Likes

I missed it last night and, despite these clear warnings, caught up with it this morning.

Your warnings weren’t clear enough !!

Janet & John go picnicking … without John. Smuggidity beyond the call, setting up for a huge fall … signalling like a man on a hill with flags, flash lights, a radio and mobile plus a plane flying overhead with a banner saying “heading for a fall”.

Anyway, they’re not so cash-strapped they can’t run to a bottle of Prosecco with their lunch (is that wise btw ??).

But the Pip masterclass ? If they are to persist with her being at the centre of half the stories then, I’m sorry but, I must begin a “Daisy Badger Must Go” campaign.

4 Likes

Pip takes after Shula… Sex-mad, the pair of them.

4 Likes

I don’t think Pip is in the same league as Shula when it comes to sex; she’s had what, five sexual partners by the age of twenty-four? Shula in my memory had had lots more than that by that age.

3 Likes