Tomntash

Has there been a single episode since they married in which they have appeared together and Natasha has not had a go at Tom for something, usually something she has made up out of the whole cloth?

Hell, has there been a single scene?

4 Likes

It’s what he likes?

3 Likes

Oh Sparrer, I do hope not

3 Likes

Good work from Natasha tonight, I thought.
I don’t normally like ‘miserable and insecure’ in a man but am happy to make an exception for Tom.

6 Likes

Just catching up on the last few episodes (why, I have no idea; hope over experience?) and I agree. Natasha seems to be an unusually blatant example of a character introduced with no other purpose than to be unpleasant.

Is there some scam between her and her (I suspect not quite) ex to get their hands on the farm? I wonder how she’ll take it when she finds out he doesn’t actually own it?

6 Likes

Reading what Mali Harries say about her character on the BBC Archers web page, I have a feeling she had not read the scripts for the episodes we are currently hearing when she was asked about Natasha.

Poor old Tom, couldn’t happen to a nicer chap. Unlike Helen and Rob, Natasha’s getting it in the neck from the villagers and Tom’s getting thoroughly squished by her at home. Win-win!

What a shame they didn’t play the Helen and Rob marriage that way. Helen could have passed on the gossip that everyone thought he was a bastard (which strangely they didn’t) and he’d have said, ‘Why didn’t you stand up for me?’ thus giving her a perfect taste of her own manipulative medicine that she’d been forcing down everyone else’s throats since she became a speaking character.

6 Likes

These two are thoroughly frustrating. But I can’t see the benefit in having this rushed-into marriage and then having them fall apart; is it all leading up to Tom falling into Hannah’s arms? Have the writers caused a rift between Tom and Jazzer because there’s going to be some huge all-out for Hannah? I hope not, because she’s even more ghastly, IMHO, than Natasha at the moment. Or are the writers waiting to see what happens next, just as we are?!

7 Likes

Or Kirstie’s. Sixth time lucky and all that.

6 Likes

I sincerely hope not, Kara (welcome back, by the way) but you might have a point. Hannah confessed to (Johnny, was it?) that she’d made a mistake when she pretended it was all ever so casual between her and Tom.

Still, a second woman to make Tom miserable when he’s on the rebound from Natasha … I do see that might have a positive side!

6 Likes

Thanks Janie! I’ve been away with work, so got behind on episodes and discourse, but all caught up now!

7 Likes