Well, here's one for the expert tea-drinkers…

…in tonight’s mish-mash of SFX (rather over-done if you ask me!) it seems that ClarriE.Coli-luv was molly-coddling her poor Wywyum by pouring him a cuppa, and giving a running commentary for the benefit of the listening audience as she pours, “…here’s your tea, Wywyum (SFX - tea being poured from pot) milk (SFX - milk being poured from clinking bottle) and two sugars (plop plop)…” which brings me to my important point:

Are you a Milk in first, or a Milk in last person?

…was that the precocious Rosie babbling away as she and her mother left the scene?
Which reminds me, just how old is the sprog?

4 Likes

Milk first here

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Neither.

4 Likes

Milk? In My Tea?

5 Likes

Milk first as it saves your bone porcelain cups from cracking as the hot tea is poured

6 Likes

…in the GrundgieKitchen? …yeah, right! :laughing:

5 Likes

Milk in last, because a teabag sitting in the milk at the bottom of a mug is a depressing sight.

5 Likes

(in best Lady Bracknell voice) “…a teabag!:confounded:

5 Likes

Live with it.

If I am drinking tea of my own it is obscure (and expensive) leaf teas in a teaball, steeped and drunk with neither milk nor sugar.

For the tea shared by all and sundry it is bleedin teabags and no mess. Fond though I am of Sundry.

5 Likes

I well remember as a nipper, back in the early days of tea-bags, armed with a pair of scissors, being soundly chided for freeing the object of my granny’s desire from the constraint of those teeny-weeny little bags, “…well, Gran, how was I to know that’s how it comes now?”

5 Likes

For ye-olde tea-bagge it has to be milk last as the tea has to be assaulted by boling water. It wouldn’t be possible to properly brew it. I know some fancy ‘so called’ teas play under fancy rules but I try to ignore their existence.

For tea in the pot it would be a matter of choice I guess but milk in the cup seems sensible enough.

My first experience of tea bags was on a day trip to Southport with mum, dad, 2 brothers & the appalling grandma (dad’s mum). Sitting near the children’s pleasure beach (the ‘Peter Pan’ which connected to the big one by a wonderful mini steam train, past the pitch & put & the great boating lake) dad went for drinks & returned muttering about “bloody tea bags … never catch on … just sweepings off the factory floor”. Well, I don’t know if it’s too early to be sure but I think he may have misjudged that one.

6 Likes

This has been researched…

3 Likes