Well, that wasn't as bad as I expected

It was much, much worse. Its sole saving grace was the absence of Pip, though that joy was rather mitigated by the nauseating smugness of her misguided parents, now (no doubt justifiably) certain that the 500 grand is theirs.

As for the scenes between Kate and Jacob and the “Let’s Blame Ed For Doing What I Told Him” party…

Do the SWs really think we enjoy that sort of thing?

PS - Has Tony thrown himself under another bull? I’d have thought he’d have something to say about Peggy’s plan to sow discord among her heirs—or, rather, non-heirs—for generations to come.

5 Likes

You reckon? I expect it to be Adam’s observatory for studying worms.

Trampled by the new cheese?

5 Likes

Surely disqualified because of all the unnecessary flights to Bulgaria?* Hardly very green, is it?

Actually, it will be whatever bee is buzzing round the current AgEd’s bonnet. With Graham Harvey it was transition communities, for Steve Peacock megadairies. Do we know if Sarah Swadling has any particular obsessions?

*And the even more unnecessary ones back.

5 Likes

I quite enjoyed Peggy sounding quite testy with Kate, calling her friends’ proposal ‘shoddy’. Lovely word!

Oh, and why does Peggy want a ‘chet’ with Pip?

7 Likes

Yerrs. Why? Why would anyone?

PS: the way Pip enunciates ‘obviously’, which she has done a couple of times recently (it comes out something like “nghObbbviersely” makes me want to punch her in the throat. Very hard.

7 Likes

Why that in particular? I mean, it’s not as though aren’t myriad other reasons—the main one being her existence.

7 Likes

Because it sounds so adolescent, I think. But fair point: there is very little Pip says that doesn’t make me want to do her serious physical damage on grounds either of sound or of substance (and often both).

7 Likes

I thought it might be to ask why she was on two bids.

5 Likes