What a nasty bully

No ethical herbalist would dream of giving anyone a tisane without telling them what were its ingredients.

I have noticed this in Carol before: “Oh, you have a headache? I’ll make you some special herbal tea” to Fallon was the first example that caught my attention.

On this occasion she is interfering with the diet of a woman in her eighties without having at any point enquired about what medication Jill might be taking – and since Jill had hypothyroidism and has presumably used either thyroxine or liothyronine ever since to treat it, some herbs may react with her medication and do her no good at all.

As for forcing someone in their eighties to go and do exercise in a class, when the Jills of this world clearly take enough exercise already to make most people need to lie down for a bit if they even think about it, what a bloomin’ cheek.

4 Likes

As we didn’t hear the conversation where Carol told the Cake-Engendering Shite (ta, Soo) to lay off the caffeine, we don’t know whether she did or didn’t take a detailed medical history: there’s a lot goes on we don’t hear about, you know…

One wonders whether the Hyphen is aware of the hypothyroidism. If he is, is this a plot to finish her off? That would be nice.

3 Likes

I thought she was going to have a stroke there and then when she talked of a headache.

A thoroughly irritating scene all round with Jill being her usual hyper self. With or without coffee, I didn’t notice any difference, And blast David and Josh for reinforcing Carol’s bullying and blast David again for getting Jill to drink that obnoxious brew. Where does Carol get off telling Jill what to do and why is Jill letting her? If someone had poured my Mum’s tea away I would have been incandescent and urged her not to take any notice of the silly woman who told her to stop drinking it.

And I want to shake them all for carrying on urging her to put her feet up but not doing anything to replace Emma to do ‘the rough’. But then I want to shake Jill as well for her incessant and unnecessary baking. Birthday cake is nice but why on earth would they need to have apple pie today? Answer: they don’t. Jill is the one who needs to be incessantly baking. What will they all do when she goes to that great big bakery in the sky? Breathe a sigh of relief and get Brookfield back to the pigsty they all secretly prefer to live in.

3 Likes

I fell asleep & missed most of it- sort of ‘came to’ when David was speaking at the end

If I miss the repeat, I don’t suppose it will ruin my life, will it ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Nothing bad happened to Pip, so no, don’t bother!

2 Likes

[quote=“Carinthia, post:4, topic:93, full:true”]If I miss the repeat, I don’t suppose it will ruin my life, will it ?[/quote]I suspect that makes you an Archers Heretic.

Welcome!

3 Likes

I knew I was at home here…

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

We need to remember Toboggan has form for “Mercy Killing” John. It may be she’s well aware of Jill’s current pharmacology and medical conditions, and is acting in a wholly altruistic manner on our behalf.

1 Like

Then I wish she’d bluddy well pull finger.

4 Likes

I was glad to hear that Jill is now ignoring her and her herbal tea.

3 Likes

Gus, Careful what you wish for! Whilst this hooters final days are being played out - we hear less of other thoroughly unpleasant individuals and their implausible lives. But yes. Go Toboggan. Do us a favour.

4 Likes