What was Bertha?

If the breed was mentioned, I didn’t catch it. A neighbour kindly had little burst of activity with some class of power tool.

2 Likes

Bulldog

One syllable right, at least…

3 Likes

Thanks. Hmm. I expect that is what will be inflicted; seems improbably out of character enough.

3 Likes

Nothing about this whole doggie test drive nonsense has been remotely in character. The real Lynda would have been down to the pound months ago and brought home Scruff Mk II, with ne’er a thought to the aesthetics of its arse-end.

5 Likes

one can only assume Robert is similarly careless of such details…

But yes, of course Lynda would have done as you say: and no doubt come back with some utterly plug-ugly mutt who had tugged at her heartstrings by whining and doing doggy-eyes at her at exactly the right moment.
I wouldn’t like this to be widely known, but sometimes Lynda is down in the second division on my Kill list. Sometimes.

3 Likes

I tend to agree - not least because TA could ill-afford to lose any of the handful of decent radio actors in the cast.

3 Likes

It does make me ponder why they aren’t taking the opportunity to allow Lynda to preach about the wisdom of adopting from a sanctuary. I believe hugely in sanctuaries, so that is meant without sarcasm, but she loves to preach - and whilst we’ve had “Lynda’s book club” (to which I would love to pass some recommendations), we could now have “Lynda encourages everyone to adopt a stray”. Olweyn notwithstanding, it could be quite fun!

3 Likes

Hmph. Any decent shelter would reject half the inhabitants of Ambridge out of hand. As suitable owners, I mean: not as resident ‘service-users’. That would be silly.
Would you trust a needy, possibly traumatised dog to, say, Adam and Ian? I mean, I wouldn’t even like them to have charge of a bab - ah.
Hold on
As you were, pigs :wink:

4 Likes

And it occurs to me that The Elms probably wouldn’t consider Pat a suitable new owner for Olwyn, either. Not once they’d dug a bit into the family circumstances. Very sad, but she might have to be Destroyed.
Olwyn, too…

5 Likes