When did Emma

learn to drive a tractor?

She didn’t live on a farm as a child, and the most recent occasion a tractor turned up in her life before this was Ed not being prepared to teach her how to drive his, several years ago.

I assume it must have been Ed’s tractor that she was using to turn the hay? Eddie surely has not bought one recently.

5 Likes

The only time I can remember Emma getting anywhere near farm machinery was when she distracted Ed to the extent that he put the HF combine out of commission.

6 Likes

She was unhappy about him going into debt to buy the shiny all-bells-and-whistles tractor that Eddie fancied, and afair ended up not being allowed to drive it as well as the insult to their savings.

5 Likes

I’m trying to work out when she would have time to learn (let alone do) all this tractor work. She had at least two jobs (three, before Kate moved in with Peggy), was on the Parish Council and looking after two brats. And that’s not to mention the general skivvying expected of all Grundy females…

5 Likes

That scene in full:

Emma: Hey, I feel like kind of a fifth wheel around here. Is there anything I can do?
Jazzer: I don’t know, is there anything you can do?
Emma: …Well, I can drive that tractor. I have a Class-2 licence.
Jazzer: Be my guest.
[Emma boards the second tractor, starts it, then casually drives it to pick up a cargo trailer]
Emma: [nonchalantly] Where do you want it?

6 Likes

Typical Archer entitlement. Of course anything to do with the Grundys would be 2nd class…

5 Likes

I resent automistake putting in spurious apostrophe’s

4 Likes