Will Pip get the blame?

Yes, that’s a shame. He has been being bullied by Ruth ever since he got over being angry with her for not actually having an affair with Sam.

2 Likes

Any thoughts as to whether Pip’s conscience is bothering her tonight? I’m thinking not. She was so very ready to blame Josh for the fence and ‘someone’ for the cows getting ill that I doubt she’s given poor Tony’s Anguses a thought, nor Adam’s cattoo.

Sounded jolly bored with Tobes and his gin, though, didn’t she? «grin»

3 Likes

I am now very hopeful that Ruth’s eagerness to throw away all the bloodlines Phil and David spent forty years building up, and buy in other cows for no particular reason except she fancied a change, is going to blow up in her face, and also that it will be discovered by Tom that Pip had let these uncertified cows wander all over the landscape and tried to hide the fact.

5 Likes

Yes, indeed. I try not to get my hopes up too much. Time and again I was hoping Rob would get what he deserved for all the nasty things he did to people other than Helen but it never happened. Except I suppose for the rather improbable way Culvertgate came back to haunt him with Stefan rising from the swamp.

3 Likes

Oh bother. I have to stop not minding Toby and being amused by the extent to which people get off on enumerating his moral failings now.
Pip is very easily led, though, isn’t she, for a bloke her age? The unpleasing light baritone was much in evidence tonight.

3 Likes

Maybe she learned the wrong lessons from Jueueueude.

3 Likes

Seems to me that what Pip should effectively do is to buy every cow in Ambridge at its pre-Plague market value.

Bank of Mum and Dad should give her a loan to cover this, and not one penny more until she pays it back. (With interest, obviously.)

If the original owners want to buy them back at post-Plague prices, fair enough. Otherwise, they’re all Pip’s to make what money she can.

4 Likes

That would be a superb thing! and of course she would have to pay rental on the fields to keep them in…

4 Likes

I would love to hear her say in tones of great indignation, ‘Rentoo, on the feeyoods??’

3 Likes

Oh, wouldn’t it… be loverly?

3 Likes

What’s with all this ‘forgetting’ she’s doing. Preparing a defence of amnesia, or is there actually something wrong with her? Other than the obvious things, I mean.

2 Likes

I heard the Pip’n’Tobes show in the Bull this evening, and it struck me as how remarkably low in tension it was: not only do I not want either side to be “proved right”, I don’t really care what happens to either of 'em.

Also, I reckon Daisy Badger’s voice is wrong for Pip. There are parts I might well cast her in with that voice, but not in TA, and mostly they’re for a slightly older woman.

3 Likes

I’ll agree that DB’s voice is wrong.

Let’s just leave it at that point.

3 Likes

Perhaps Wob Nastyssohn ferried them around to destroy as much as he could before skedaddling.

2 Likes

He teleported them, you mean? having first infected them? I doubt that he has come back into the country without the police being notified, given that he was wanted for abducting a child in contravention of an existing court order. and if they had been notified wouldn’t they have let Burns know?

Ah, there you have it. Burns. The notification doubtless got muddled up with cricket club bumph. I envisage a drawer similar to the one into which Joe and Eddy used to shove their bills and forget them.

3 Likes

Oh dear lord, you are of course absolutely right. Is he absolutely the world’s worst cop, or are there other contenders?

Hello, by the way, and welcome to the board,

1 Like