WossThissssss?

…St. Shuggs wanting to get ordained? (…naaaaah, they’ll never get her through the MOT, even with new brakes, new wiper-blade-inserts, new cylinder-liners plus a re-bore (…I bet she’s certain to need that)), she’ll never get through the test!

St. S. “…we’ve never talked like this before”
Rev. Bunter “…blah blah blah, Jesus wants me for Sunbeam¹, blah, blah, blah etc…”
St. S. “…I like it when you talk all religious & holy!” (…starts squirming in pew (…do ladies of St. S’s years still squirm?))

¹ Talbot, Alpine or Rapier? (…enthusiasts need to know)

4 Likes

Whilst I have absolutely no brief for Rev. Bunter, he was right to point out that St. S’ latest fad might not come to fruition.

30 years ago,a member of Mr C’s Church (C of E) decided that God had called him to do his work, & he wasn’t accepted . He was devastated & the effects on him& his family were long-lasting

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

“Ooops! Straight down to the H level for you then, me old mate…” (sez St. Pete when he looks at the passport at Ye Olde Pearlie Gates)

5 Likes

She’s 61 this year. Assume it all goes perfectly; that’s still three years’ study, some “voluntary” work, and a few years as a curate; she wouldn’t be younger than about 68 by the time she was ready to take on a parish.

5 Likes

Freddie telling her that she would make a good Vicar hardly seems enough of a recommendation

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

“All my mates say I’d be really good at this” is certainly not something I’d look for when employing someone.

5 Likes