Wrap-up of current spoilers - updated May 24

David himself is Flood Warden. Does that help? P.S. Nice castle, LadySusan!

1 Like

Where Pipā€™s profits went is really a non-issue. It was her money. The leys were not going to be available. She invested it - ok, unwisely, perhaps, but she was entitled to do it. Itā€™s only an issue because it has been made - rather clunkingly - into a big secret, one that her repellent mother is privy to but not her gormless father.

Ah, sod the lot of 'em, I say. Too stupid for words.

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™d forgotten she invested in threw away the money on Toby while thinking the leys were not going to happen this year. Dear me, do I have to let her off the hook for that, then?

I hope David finds out that Ruth kept it from him. We havenā€™t had a ā€˜You knew and you didnā€™t tell me??ā€™ for a while.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to the burst blood vessel just to hear Ruth having a pop at him for not telling her he had an aneurysm.

2 Likes

As you say, itā€™s very clumsy but I can see David doing his nut because she lent the money to the Feckless Fairbrother and then wanted the Dopey Bank to lend her some more smackeroonies and Mrs Dopey knew all alongā€¦I do hope he blows a gasket :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe Flood Warden have first aid training but might be a problem tending to his own blood vessel :grinning:

Glad you like the castle, Iā€™ll dust a few rooms off for your next visit :grinning:

1 Like

Wrap-up is updated with the missing one-liner for May 4 filled in and that weekā€™s cast list. No Anisha, Matt is credited, Nic, Bert and Jolene speak.

We should get the Daily Mail spoiler tomorrow, then weā€™re up to date for a while.

Nic and Chris speak this coming week and Helen doesnā€™t. Nic is also in the following week, as is Ian and Helen is back.

I see Bert is in the cast list this week. I wonder if that means Pip is going to suggest they move in with Bert and Rex so that Rickyard can be a holiday cottage again as there is a reference to their fleeing the love nest to help the finances. Poor Bert if so!

I ought to feel sorry for Bert.

But no, not workingā€¦

1 Like

Kill off Bert. Heā€™s been a waste of space for years.

That frees up Brookfield Cottage, which may then be sold off and the money will help solve Brookfieldā€™s financial mess.

Whilst weā€™re at it. Sack Pip and let her move to Birmingham, where she can put up a red light above her front door and start earning cash to pay off Brookfieldā€™s debts.

2 Likes

Doubt if theyā€™ll be able to sell as it will have an agricultural tie.

2 Likes

Now donā€™t go finding fault with my planā€¦ The ink isnā€™t dry, yet.

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, the scripties wonā€™t know anyway. So, the evil Dopeys evict tragic widower Bert. Think of the hissing when they venture out. Lovely :grin:

4 Likes

Sounds as though they are doing the opposite of what they should, saving on casual labour and keeping the person who caused the damage to their reputation and is occupying what should be an income-producing cottage. It would be far better to keep the Grundys and get rid of Pip. She is an expensive luxury, what with her salary, the cottage and the damage she has caused.

4 Likes

ā€œAgricultural tieā€ā€¦ does that mean itā€™ll be a high-paying red light in Birmingham?

5 Likes

Bad Hedgers, if I understand you right. If not, then doubly bad meā€¦

4 Likes

[unconvincingly innocent tseep]

4 Likes

Oh I do hope so. She can get an EU grant, then we can leave, just before she gets the first cheque.

2 Likes

Especially if she uses ā€œAgricultural Tiesā€.

Theyā€™re silk with tractor pictures on arenā€™t they ? At least the ones I saw werā€¦ .

Too much information ???

3 Likes