Yay Brian!

I’ve not been listening much this past month, busy … plus why should I bother when the writers don’t appear to.

I just caught last night as I was driving. I have to say that I enjoyed Brian’s hissy fit & sulks. I’d be doing exactly the same. Give 'em hell Bri.

5 Likes

They have always treated him despicably, and this time he has noticed.

4 Likes

I love that Adam is drowning in paperwork. Got what you wanted, Adam? Enjoy!

5 Likes

Brian should be able to make life very unpleasant indeed for Adam, and I for one will enjoy it greatly if he does (apart from the outraged squawking and twittering from the posturing git’s mother, of course…)

3 Likes

Why would he bother? Adam - like Emma - is perfectly capable of feeling hard done by and generally put upon without anyone else’s help.

5 Likes

His speciality is hard done by. What do you suppose happened to the share farming agreement?

5 Likes

The same thing that happened to the one-third-each for Debbie and Adam of the Home Farm profits, plus autonomy in their departments; it was not convenient for the present melodrama and has been forgotten.

3 Likes

Time to reacquaint ourselves with an old friend…

2 Likes

Were they in the attic at Home Farm, Joe ?

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Lowmead, surely? That’s where they dump stuff from years ago in the hope that it’s forgotten about.

3 Likes

And at this point it is worth remembering that the famous Post-it-Note resticking, never-drying glue was allegedly the result of people at 3M being allowed to play with the toys in an unstructured sort of way. Makes the choice of TCE as toxin du jour a bit tame and predictable, really: I’m sure there was some stuff pre-glue that ate its way out of the building…

5 Likes

… & the main guy redpinsible for Post-It Notes was told they wouldn’t have a market so he asked if he could develop them himself. They agreed & he posted (gettit ??) the patent.

A few years later they bought it back off him for $$$$$.

Oh, & Peter Tork (of the Monkees) 's mother invented Snow Pake

4 Likes

…and was thus considered ideal for use in the TA production office.

3 Likes

And the CT scanner was funded as an EMI bod’s impractical project… off the profits from the Beatles.

4 Likes

Right band, wrong member. It was Mike Nesmith’s mother.

Serendipitously, for a Brian thread, the original commercial version contained trichloroethane.

2 Likes

And I’ve got the wrong compound! Trichloroethane is TCA; the stuff Brian didn’t dump in the 70s was trichloroethylene (TCE).

Can’t imagine how I got those two confused.

3 Likes

One TLA is much like another, dere.

3 Likes

TCE … TCA.

Trouble with your vowels Joe ?

4 Likes