So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

M’yes. We took ours to church with us; they had a section of the building, in sight of the pulpit, where they sat together with three or four adults supervising and played with toys provided. They did not play hide and seek under the altar, nor bash into people as they crawled about under the pews.

And when I wanted to tell them quickly that they were entering a place where it was appropriate to be seen and not heard, what I said was, “Church rules.” That meant that they were supposed to show consideration for the people there and not run riot. I would say it, for instance, if we went to the Garden at Glastonbury, or into a library – places where I would not have run around screaming and saw no reason for them to get the idea that they could either.

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ratbee!

5 Likes

:smirk:
I might send you a Squirrel, or two, Gus.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Ah, I remember that hymn.

Really, it wouldn’t be all that much more pagan if they’d actually tried.

7 Likes

No, dahlink, the line is “We might even do in a squirrel or two”

4 Likes

Hedgers, you have - entirely inadvertently on your part, I’m sure - given me an earworm.
Off to see wot youtube can provide in the way of assistance.

and here we have it On the Juke-Box Today

4 Likes

We were always taught that one couldn’t sing in ‘dialect’, that it always came out correctly

They were wrong, weren’t they ? :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

yup, o Chatelaine

4 Likes

You should hear me Ca’ the yowes tae the knowes, so you should, ma bonnie dearie…

That you have not yet done so is sheer good fortune: you know it can’t last…

4 Likes

And she did. Namely and to whit:

5 Likes

and

4 Likes

So much more where they came from. Mr Soo is a dab hand with a lens, but requires encouragement with publication.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Isn’t he just? What camera does he favour?
Three rousing cheers for Mr Bee, Leader of the Squirrel Pap Pack

4 Likes

deleted

3 Likes

Mornin’ all.

Much to do, much to do.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning folk

Sinbathing might happen here today

5 Likes

I should say that something can hardly fail to; but is it nice, precious? Is it crunchable?

5 Likes

I am sunning myself on my hammock

Several Flights for the US may have been shocked at the view

But knickers to them

5 Likes

Mr Soo uses a Panasonic Lumix, DMCFZ72. Or his 'phone, which is surprisingly good.

Today has been taken up with visiting my Good Friend’s grave, tidying it up and applying yellow roses. Went for a walk and, on my return, I found a bouquet of white and yellow roses on the doorstep - no card or message of any kind.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Ach, don’t bother about them - it’s the inbound passengers who have cause for alarm.

3 Likes