So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Well, one would hope so, really.

5 Likes

That could be answering any of the three preceding posts.

Or indeed all of them.

4 Likes

I will wait for the Yardarm until I get back from the hairdresser this afternoon

The Virtuous Font has been deployed here today , along with the vacuum cleaner .

Downstairs is being thoroughly aired, & I have even opened out the folding bed in the leather sofa, to air that

No doubt I’ll pay for this madness tomorrow…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That Bird had to go out to the post just now.

It has immediately started to rain, with added thunder just for a bit of light entertainment.

Looking at Blitzortung, I see that London is supposed to be catching it, but it doesn’t think we ought to be.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, we have:

Cloudless blue sky populated by a veritable swarm of swallows. I am not going to waste this! Trying to contrive a way of getting the essential parts of my desk out onto the patio.

Working with the “assistance” of the chooks could be interesting…

4 Likes

For values of “post” that equal “pub”.

Now back in the gazebo, which since we put the new roof on doesn’t drum with the rain any more. Very strange.

5 Likes

A kite has just flapped low over our roof and perched on a tree two doors down.

IMG_20180529_164444z

(Yeah, not the best camera, but it’s the one I have with me.)

4 Likes

we had several hours of low-grade rumbly thunder. There was evidently quite a bit of rain too, which managed to happen while I was asleep.

In other news - and please touch wood or perform ofther rituals of choice, so long as they do not involve cruelty to chickens (or cats, Fanta!) - the oven appears to be functioning again. Steam cleaned the bugger and later, after blowing the cold fan through it for a while, very cautiously heated it to the (very moderate really, 180) temperature at which it decided to have a bit of a fire last night.
Bit of a relief. Tonight’s supper does not depend on a functioning oven. I expect I shall set the frying pan alight.
Steam cleaning when feeling wobbly is Unfun.

There is a lot to be said for cooking over an open fire, imo.

5 Likes

That’s a relief, Gus.

4 Likes

I cook on a BBQ just now

Too hot to put a range oven on

4 Likes

They do have their drawbacks in warm weather, though I have always slightly hankered after one.

You reminded me of a friend whose frequent lament was “It’s too cold to go out without a car on!”. He was not, as you have probably deduced, from Newcastle or thereabouts.

4 Likes

I always used to feel that one of the reasons people are out of touch with the climate is that they are out of touch with the weather: it doesn’t really happen to you in the same way when you are in a car.

The thunderstorms in the last week of May aren’t that unusual, I don’t think: Sudden Daughter was born on a night with a really fine thunderstorm going on, so I have tended to notice them around her birthday. But people are saying that they didn’t expect the thunderstorms we’ve been having over the past few days.

4 Likes

But you, dear Fish, do sometimes get surprised by unseasonable weather, whereas my experience has been that it’s just what happens. I wear a hat, in part, because it’s umbrella and sunglasses in one.

5 Likes

I was pointing out that the thunderstorms are not unseasonal, Bird.

4 Likes

I tend to be aware of weather

We are the lucky recipients of so much of it here…

5 Likes

Trying to make the most of the last hour before sunset. All I want is a small g&t, so what moddable bar steward has moved the sodding meat tenderiser?

4 Likes

'Twasn’t me, joe.
Have this:
Soo xx

4 Likes

Would that be a goat & tonic? Otherwise I don’t see the meat tenderiser’s temporary absence as any class of problem wrt the availability of G&T.

5 Likes

Couldn’t find a pic of that, Gus.
Ne’er mind a recipe.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Oof

Twirl

Flumps & Liberates Pitcher

Thought I’d broken the Internetty again , but it’s working now

Did a bit of shopping after having my hair done

Came back with 54 toilet rolls from FarmFoods

I lead such an exciting life…