So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Roll-up being most appropriate.

I have to admit to never, ever imbibing in any way, shape or form. Not sure whether I’ve missed out or not.

4 Likes

Am relying on a handy folding travel yardarm as I travel towards the Land of No Internet. Not that it’s doing me much good - this is a ‘dry’ train, chiz.
Will pop in when the opportunity presents itself. Please comport yourselves with a!l due decorum meanwhile.
Gxx

5 Likes

Take care, Gus, & remember, there is an Trebuchet, should things get too awful

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Thank you Dere. Fingers crossed that The Procedure goes ahead tomorrow and is successful… Is hall bear the trebuchet facility in mind
Gxx

3 Likes

Hitches Tenters

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Not sure why but have everything crossed Gus

3 Likes

Thank you. The Ma has been waiting rather a long time for cardioversion. Well it worked 20 odd years ago :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I wish The Ma all the best for this procedure, Gus.

Meantime, I have indented for an Acme Portable Yardarm for you to keep about you for emergencies.

3 Likes

Ahhh. The little train is not a ‘dry’ one, unlike the big train, which had unaccountably forgotten the booze, soi am having a small beer and wondering where the tops of the mountains have gone. Dissolved, probably. Damp and murky. I have not disgraced meself this time: I did baah at some sheep, but very discreetly.
Please keep me chaise warm, dahlinks
Gxx

6 Likes

This train is delayed due to the wrong type of drinks trolley.

5 Likes

One cannot see more than twenty yards in places of high visibility here

It is the sort of fog that soaks one in short order!

3 Likes

Have Severial Hugs, Gus

It’s a bit different knowing what is coming & causes Wibbling in most of us

My Father had it done 3 times,each as an emergency procedure, so wasn’t aware of what was going to happen

This was a Blessing for all concerned…

I was in the middle of an Wedding Dress fitting in an shop on one occasion, & had to leave the Bride in half-pinned finery

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Best wishes and fingers crossed for Gus and Gus’s Ma. xx

3 Likes

Thank you all. And oo-err Carinthia. Ma is raring to Just Get It Done, being what is often called a Game Old Bird.

I have had some awful news since arriving. Took a while to reach me and the funeral is Wednesday so I cannot be there.
Gutted and completely floored. Such a waste.

5 Likes

Oh Gus, if it’s not one thing it’s two things.

I am sorry to hear this, and proffer a finny hug and a stoup of liquor.

4 Likes

Thank you o Fish. I just hope to goodness he judged the knot right and it was quick. Still can’t quite believe it. Don’t want to.

Please raise glasses to a brilliant, kind, witty and delightful young man. RIP Neil.

6 Likes

RIP Neil.

5 Likes

[sombre pourity]

4 Likes

Best of luck Gus & MaGus.

That’s terrible news you’ve received though … what a tragedy that sounds. I hope his family can cope.

4 Likes

Oh Gus how tragic

May Neil be at peace now

4 Likes