So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

I have said before that the platonic ideal of Labrador is a sphere with paws sticking out, and they do their best to achieve this…

yardarm

on what promises to be a busy day. We are promised heavy rain this evening.

4 Likes

Never mind whether dogs like curry or not.
If we’re having curry in the cellar this lunchtime, I’ll have theirs.

I just fancy a curry :curry:

3 Likes

That’s cos we don’t use sweary words on here… Well. Not the sort that might frighten the horses.

3 Likes

I am in the mood for tagine

I just fancy summat spicy from the bbq

If the rain holds off long enough

3 Likes

Ooh, local pub does a jolly good curry (and that’s not even Last Friday Of The Month Goat Curry, which is Summat Special).

“Local” = “at the end of the road”.

Back in a tick.

I’ve barbecued in snow before.

3 Likes

Me too dear birdie

I am just not up to much as I had a nasty bout of shingles which have gorn but left post herpetic neuralgia

So I am hobbling round as I chose to have the shingles down the path of the sciatic nerve on my good leg

And munching poppy extract pills

So I am really not up to fighting the weather while I cook

3 Likes

After about a year of Dalma ownership she gave up and decided to buy to suit them next time she bought. Dalmatian hair does not come out of cloth, it weaves itself in.

A black Dalma-hair got inside my waterproof watch and went round with the second hand. And rather later, a white Dalma-hair penetrated my three-year-old son’s eardrum and caused him horrible pain, and we were lucky that the doctor managed to see it and remove it.

As for walking barefoot, forget it. Those hairs are like splinters, and dig their way into your feet.

Our dogs learned to be clever thieves because of the fuss if they were found standing on the laid table waiting for food to be brought into the room. The reason you are cheering them on and applauding is probably the same reason I did at the time, even while trying to appear properly cross.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about the post herpetic neuralgia, Twellies. I hope it passes soon.

I’m sure one of Darrington and co. can rustle up a curry, Useders.

2 Likes

I could give Darrington my tagine receipt

And my preserved lemming jar so he can add the prreserved lemming at the right time

I like to use baby spuds and assorted veg under the skewers of lamb that cook nice and slow on top

3 Likes

Does tagine use chilli?

2 Likes

Moroccan tagine may if it’s a veggie one, but a meat one usually wouldn’t bother. It’s a savoury stew with ginger, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, saffron sort of dish. They’ll often involve nuts but not always.

Tunisian tagine is more like a frittata, though the juice-thickener is likely to be beans or chickpeas - not always, but one would want to check.

2 Likes

I use ras el hanout and cumin garlic and ground coriander

The lamb is treated with an harissa paste and a dusting of sumac

The skewrs are seard and then placed on top of the veggie stoo and the lid put back on

I asked the nice man in the spice shop about tagine spices

Well he is moroccan and he gets his spices from there so he should know

2 Likes

Not being able to eat pulses means I need to watch out for poverty-food, and having a bad reaction to chilli makes me chary about spicy food. I like it, I just hurt if it has chilli in it.

2 Likes

Well dear fishy I would do the lamb sans harissa just a dust of sumac

And I would go gently on the spicing for you

No pulses just baby spuds peppers mushrooms and onions

I would not hurt a fishly mate

I would do skewers of baa with harissa and sumac seperaately for the likes o f that wee birdie

1 Like

Fair enough… I had an egg mayo sandwich for lunch, mind, so I may not be terribly hungry.

2 Likes

I have done some sossiges to make into butties

Local butcher 85% PORK FLAVOURED WITH BLACK PUDDING AND APPLE

Apologies for caps - blame the little darling Bengal who is sitting on my comuputer table

He looks so innocent with his big heart meltie blue eyes and a loud purr

2 Likes

Well if they’re going to do some rustling anyway, A nice beef curry would be very acceptable.
With a side plate of fried onions and a couple of Chapatis to munch on while I’m waiting.

None of that they fancy wine stuff to gulp with it. Just a gert big flagon of ice–cold lager and a long straw.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me.

4 Likes

[pourity] [pourity]

(I did go to the pub, but the All-Day Breakfast tempted me and I was weak.)

5 Likes

I made cassoulet today. It’s been cooler and partly damp so went for something warming.

Though it’s brightened up now.

There’s enough for tomorrow too.

Having a Beaujolais Village with it. Nice & light.

4 Likes