A question prompted by the last line of tonight's…

…feeble attempt at FridayCliffHanging!

Exactly what sort of mother does the fragrant Lily deserve? (use both sides of the paper, but not at the same time, good handwriting will be rewarded! …and please bear in mind that TheNortyStep is looking rather empty lately!)

5 Likes

I rather think she already has the mother she deserves.

5 Likes

No. At the moment she has a ‘just-bad-enough’ mother, so one could not in all conscience recommend removing her to a place of lesser safety.
There are depths of reptilian awfulness just waiting for the Lizard to plumb, however. Possibly beginning with an attic-scoping Freddie hearing Widderbeth, one floor below, enthusiastically disporting herself with the hired (gallery) help. Again.

5 Likes

Why should Lily complain? She has a mother who has always favoured her over her brother, and who casually shells out £5,000 on her behalf at no notice and then follows it by saying that she will try to make up to Lily for Lily having come home – not to help her mother but because she was about to be prosecuted for non-payment of rent!

No way is this the mother Lily deserves, indeed, one who would say, “You owe me,” and require Lily’s earnings for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

Very disappointing scene! I was hoping for accusations and blame. And Freddie could have said, ‘You didn’t have to pay my rent for the last six months and do I get any thanks?’

6 Likes

Well, as a taxpayer…

4 Likes

True—but it’s still Elizabeth

5 Likes