Achieved so far today

I guess it has to be that. Unless he felt “a safe place” was “behind a set of furniture so heavy & cumbersome it would be moved only once in a generation”. In which case he overachieved.

Did you know that such documents can’t/won’t be reissued ? The authorities will provide a letter confirming that a person of that name with Date of Birth of xxx took these exsms and attained these results … but no new certificates will ne drawn up.

One must assume some considerable experiences of fraud led to that decision.

2 Likes

“so heavy & cumbersome it would be moved only once in a generation”

Are we talking Lilian, here? Only this is the wrong thread.

4 Likes

Sometimes life imitates art.

This may be one of those occaions !! :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Learned a new tune on this.

All the way from Nova Scotia, and made from Canadian maple.

I was going out to count barnacles later, but it’s still too rough. Oh, the excitement.

5 Likes

That is a thing of beauty, Ftc.

3 Likes

Very nice! D or Eb?

Maybe we should introduce our respective “families”…

3 Likes

I should of course stress that the Grundys are not the family I’m advocating introducing.

2 Likes

D. Don’t have much use for an E flat. They do a C flute though that I could certainly use.

4 Likes

A question for The Committee.

Why do “Penny Whistles” cost upwards of £10.?
Please mark your answers in order of preference

Please Answer YES or NO

3 Likes

It is indeed. Bird’s Eye maple, heat treated for stability and light as a feather. Plays beautifully too, even for me returning after not much playing for decades. All their flutes that I’ve heard and seen have been highly covetable.

I do like an interesting piece of wood. The Tyrolean harp in my avatar has the column and neck in a striking flame birch. It also sounds superb. I couldn’t sacrifice sound to appearance. But if I can have appearance as well as sound, so much the better.

5 Likes
  1. Tuning
  2. Tuning
  3. Tuning

YES or NO

5 Likes

Though if I ever move to Scotland I might get one because the pipes are tuned in A flat I think.

5 Likes

Bluddy glad I don’t live above that flat.

5 Likes

They tune them?

owowowstoppit. As I have said before somewhere or other on this board, I bluddy love bagpipes. But it’s kind of obligatory to have a pop when a large target presents itself. Something which has got me into a deal of trouble over the years.

4 Likes

Excellent stufg. It’s been a while but flute, piccolo and oboe were my instruments what got me out of French.

3 Likes

Not often enough in some cases. Don’t know if it’s particularly difficult. They don’t use the same scale as the piano either. That’s a compromise in which most of notes are actually a bit out of tune, but it’s what we’re all used to these days.

3 Likes

Excellent stuff. It’s been a while but flute, piccolo and oboe were my instruments what got me out of French. Bless "em.

3 Likes

In other news. Carpets laid today !. Yay.

By gum the 2 guys worked hard.

Job now is to decide what is returned, what put away & what gets thrown.

Only the internal doors and that’s the lot till the kitchen in the new year. Can relax a bit. It’s been ongoing for 6 months so far.

3 Likes

It sounds really lovely

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s just a relief to get so much done. Next time I won’t wait so long.

3 Likes