Adam, having had an affair

and feeling guilty about it is not a good reason to suggest having a baby.

It really, really isn’t.

You are fifty, and I assume Ian is much the same; how will you feel when you are seventy and having to deal with the tail end of adolescence happening at you?

Just because your mother and stepfather are bringing up a child in his teens, that does not, not, not mean that you have to when you are their age.

3 Likes

Saints preserve us, and it (the possible child).

Nooo, we didn’t see this coming, did we? Not from more than about 50 miles away.

4 Likes

Rather a heavy price for Adam to pay for his occasional strayings. A price that will be paid by the child too of course if Adam’s as luke-warm about the idea of having one as I think he is. I hope at least Adam gets a ‘paid in full’ receipt from Ian in writing and a promise never to bring up the subject of Pawel and Charlie again. Even so, blimey, what a terrible idea this is! And it appears to have come from Adam. What a master manipulator Ian is.

3 Likes

Look who his best girfriend forever is…

4 Likes

Adam should suggest having Jack and Henwy for a week to practise on. Might put paid to the idea.

4 Likes

With any luck it might put paid to one or the other of Gideon and Henwy as well. Uncle Ian gets all stabby like Mummy does.

5 Likes

Interesting to note which post on this thread garnered the most “likes”

3 Likes

Is you sayin’ I rigged the voting?

2 Likes

I’m allus up forra good deading.

3 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:8, topic:598, full:true”]
Is you sayin’ I rigged the voting?
[/quote]But of course. I saw the underhand way you snuck in an scenario that no right-thinking person could gainsay.

2 Likes

Bloody Hell, Chuckles could have taught Ted Heath a thing or two about nursing a grudge!

5 Likes

But looking on the bright side, a grudge is all he’s going to be nursing.

5 Likes

They’d do better to get themselves adopted by a responsible adult.

5 Likes