Adam, you interfering, boring,

sanctimonious, posturing git, would you ever just feck off?

6 Likes

I am rather looking forward to Matt telling him exactly that, which seems extremely likely if he thinks he is going to warn Matt off.

6 Likes

yeah, yeah, Matt will say it better than I did, all right, sunshine :wink:

5 Likes

Your version seemed perfectly good to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Terrible episode. I wanted to smack Adam but at the same time I didn’t believe he would dare tell Lilian how to lead her life. Or that she’d take it from him. Or that she would have to be coaxed to eat. If I had a penny for every time someone says ‘You must eat something’ or words to that effect in The Archers, I would have quite a few pennies. Do people really nag at people to eat in real life? Not in my house they don’t. ‘I’m not hungry’ would meet with ‘Oh, OK’ in response.

4 Likes

Yep - AmEx redivivo. The only glimmer of hope is that Noli Prissyqueen might poison herself terminally.

5 Likes

As long as she doesn’t take Freddy with her. Am alarmed to realise that I have a slightly soft spot for Freddy - the poor little bleeder has such a foul sister and awful mother, and his education has been sadly mismanaged but he is not actively unpleasant, just, well, 17, a condition which will presumably cure itself.

5 Likes

Careful, Gus; you’ll be being forgiving of something said by Ben when he finally speaks, if you’re not careful!

4 Likes

No I won’t. He is the fruit of that $%$@ awful, thick, crass, vulgar, stunted, prurient, smug, blinkered, cowshit-beshatten slatternly woman’s stinking womb and I am quite happy for the sins of the mother to be visited on him hot and often*. The same applies to her other two spawn, it should be superfluous to say, but I would really very much hate there to be any doubt on the issue.

*there are those who might call this hypocrisy. I call it still having some standards, some level below which I will not sink.

4 Likes

Don’t hold back, Gus.
Soo xx

3 Likes

I have a soft spot for Fredders. I really don’t want him to be poisoned by any of the toxic characters around him. If he turns out to have a charmed life in the years to come, I shall cheer from the sidelines.
Soo xx

3 Likes

[quote=“soobee, post:11, topic:716”]
I really don’t want him to be poisoned by any of the toxic characters around him
[/quote]How about by the local fungi, Soo dere?

3 Likes

Including the local funguy. If he doesn’t stop chuckling, I shan’t be responsible.
Soo xx

4 Likes

When did you start being reponsible dere? (Off-duty, I mean).
But if you are thinking of staving in the Craig skull, I’ll hold yer coat/ yer cape, my tongue, a packet of wet wipes and a massive great bloody party, if any of those would help at all.
Gxxx

4 Likes

Oooh, I do hope that tonight’s little bit of idiocy comes back to bite the posturing ponce on the arse, hard.

And isn’t Ian quite some class of self-righteous little tool?

I don’t think that I’m homophobic: I just particularly loathe Adam and Ian. Mind you, I don’t really see Matt as likely to be particularly homophobic either, except when it is useful to appear so, like this evening.

It’s all getting terribly silly again, isn’t it? Hyphenate-Ed wanting to go out on an O’Connory ‘high’ note? Bah. Gah. Pah.

4 Likes

Does Matt know about Ian planting Nob? Both partners having a history of assault would surely put paid to this terminally tedious SL?

4 Likes

Not if it was a private surrogacy it wouldn’t necessarily. But if the suddenly all-knowing devious evil Matt (they seem to have him channelling Rob all of a sudden, which is tedious of them) manages to nobble potential surrogates by telling them facts, who knows?

I’m all for a messy and acrimonious Adam/Iam split, though.

4 Likes

Oh, and amongst all the rest of the soapiness, didn’t we just have to get that clichĂ© where someone tries to tell someone something but the other someone keeps interrupting so they don’t manage to say it and then it’s too late. What’s wrong with:

It’s a good thing you didn’t hit him.
Well, I did.
What!! You idiot!

I would have enjoyed a nice row, with finger-pointing about Ian having hit Rob.

Interesting, Rob also said that something about who wears the trousers in their relationship. I think it was on the lines of saying the man in the relationship ought to wear them, implying Ian was not a man. Matt says the reverse, that Ian wears them as well as the pinny. I quite enjoyed that line.

5 Likes

Ian brought it up this evening, Joe, congratulating Adam on not doing as he had done.

4 Likes

Yes - but is Matt aware of it? He’d pretty well disappeared by then, I think.

3 Likes