"Alice gets the wrong end of the stick"

…according to tonight’s tagline.

Presumably the blunt one, then?

6 Likes

I forgot that it would be on tonight. Oh well.

5 Likes

Rarely for me nowadays, I listened. Quite enjoyed it! In spite of the cliché-ridden plots, Ed and Alice not understanding each other and Tracy tricking Susan.

But, Alice, how thick and self-absorbed can you get? Answer: extremely! Mind you Ed was totally incoherent. But I doubt Alice would have got the point unless it was printed out on a banner.

5 Likes

It required heroic suspension of disbelief. Pissed!Alice is nowhere near the stage of forgetting whole chunks of time.
Thick, self-absorbed - you’re quite right there - and VAIN.

6 Likes

Forgetting would require noticing it in the first place. Drunk or sober, Alice is entirely capable of failing to register anything that isn’t about her–just like every other Archer (with the arguable exception of Tony).

6 Likes

So, another significant conversation that was deemed ‘too difficult’ to write. Unlike ‘Welshmen talking bollocks in a field’. (Try that in a Valleys accent, comes out lovely, it does; ‘building site’ doesn’t work half as well.)
Well, Emmur is now just gagging to live up to pissed!Alice’s estimation of her as a stirrer. O’Hanrahan did an excellent job, again.

4 Likes

You are unlikely to see this written by me often (if ever again) so pay attention:

Emma is right.

For all the wrong, and malicious, reasons, but she is right that if Alice is drinking at work, and work includes heavy machinery which we know Alice thinks it entertaining to crash into things, Alice’s husband needs to be told. Also Alice’s boss.

5 Likes

Her boss, okay. Her husband, no way. Let the thick sod work it out for himself.

5 Likes

Alice’s husband is Emma’s brother; Emma may hope to get Alice into trouble without it being all round the village.

4 Likes

Aye, she may.

4 Likes

Sounds as though I’m going to have to listen to this…

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Not really, Dahlink, not if you don’t feel inclined. And it only encourages them, after all

4 Likes

Worked out nicely, didn’t that?
[joyous and slightly evil grinnity]

Chris might be a thick sod, but I’d buy him a pint tonight.

4 Likes

The thick sod is Emma. If you want to talk to a person about another person, the time to do it is not when they are both there!

4 Likes

There is no natural law precluding more than one thick sod being in any given gathering. See 'Party Conferences '…

5 Likes

And families, to one of which Chris and Emma belong.

Emma’s only hope now is to get to Susan with this before Christopher does, and remind Susan of the times they have both seen Alice pissed out of her useless skull.

5 Likes

Oh, I think Alice should be left to get on with it. After all, anyone she is likely to damage at the farm is fair game ;- ) I think it improbable she will play on the farm machinery again but have no rooted objection to Adam being squished once more. Bonus points for Xander, natch.

6 Likes

(checks delivery times for Infernal Machines ‘n’ Apocalyptic Devices R Us)

5 Likes

Oh, I think it worked even better for Emma with Alice there. Maximum trouble-making!

5 Likes

True: given her dislike of her brother and loathing of Alice, Emma was probably delighted. (Though she will claim to have been terribly hurt.)

5 Likes