Anisha Jayakody

What has happened to the vet and the vibrant new practice that Alistair has invested in?
do the scriptwriters think we have short term memory loss!
Storylines seem to flow into nothing
Now Alistair and Shula act like there is no vet practice and she goes on a test drive with her deadbeat brother Kenton
So many annoying characters!!!

6 Likes

I have to assume the actress has got lots of work & doesn’t need the Archers bits. Which is fine & good luck to her. However, her character was a blow-in that ticked boxes and got far too complex a role in the show. The SW’s have no clue what to do with her.

But she’s young. How old would you reckon she is Medway ?

Welcome btw.

6 Likes

Thank you!
I think she is mid twenties
I think she has a regular flow of tv work

6 Likes

Armitage is now fist pumping and shouting Yes!!!

And hello :blush:

5 Likes

I’m surprised they haven’t succeeded in getting her back if only to utter a few lines. They manage every now and then with Debbie. I agree the storywriters don’t seem to have a clue what to do about the situation.

P.S. Welcome, medway!

4 Likes

I imagine Tamsin does/did out of loyalty and regard for her fellow actors. Anisha’s actor was given a crap role with storylines that made no sense and she’s probably glad to see the back of Pebble Mill.

Perhaps they’ll recast her as a Trinidadian. Obviously they’d have to change her name but they won’t blink at that.

5 Likes

The shame is I can only “like” the response once.

6 Likes

Hate to be a party-pooper, but she’s been around for well over a year, so must have had at least one birthday. I make that late twenties.

Actually, there’s a nice ring - or should that be “toll”? - to “late Anisha”…

4 Likes

I think you might be getting it mixed up with the Leyton-Esher section of the Crossrail project, joe.

3 Likes
  • Kicked by a horse somewhere vital (not the head, obviously): 3-1
  • Run over by the boss’s wife out for a jolly in a different expensive car she doesn’t intend to buy: 10-1
  • Mysteriously disappeared after failing to agree than Henry is the Most Magickal Baebe Ever: 4-1
  • Trampled by stampeding pigs (“as you were”): 7-1
4 Likes

Given her known penchant for Equus restagings, 3-1 strikes me as overly generous

3 Likes

It’ll be “an offer she can’t refuse” from that horsey-man she so studiousy courted.

… and, in case it needs saying, she won’t refuse it.

How the ÂŁgazillions of business debt she forced on Alistair will be dealt with, Lord knows.

… & THEN she gets kicked in the head by a norse.

4 Likes

“Wotan! Wotan! Wotan!”

5 Likes

This is something which must put the prod team in a bit of a bind, really.
“Are you any good? Sorry, then, but if we can’t rely on your availability…”
“Are you as bad as or worse than Daisy Badger? Welcome aboard!”

4 Likes

“That’s all right, we’ll spread rumours about you being hell to work with.”

4 Likes

On her age… aren’t both the Fairbrother brothers in their 30s? So, I’d also put Anisha early 30s… She ought definitely to have displayed some sort of opinion on the fact that her copractice owner moved in and installed a microwave in their surgery! (And a bed I assume)

4 Likes

Well, not a bed, I don’t think, because Shula graciously invited him back to his own home from which he had flounced because she was making him feel uncomfortable. Only his bunking in with Jim and Jazzer was evidently making her look bad so she couldn’t let that continue!

Anisha might very well want to ask Alistair how a potential divorce between him and Shula would affect their practice. Only she seems to have lost her voice. Shame, coz it is a very nice voice in my opinion.

5 Likes

Ah yes, I extrapolated from the microwave to a full moving in to the practice, but you are correct he was sleeping behind Jim’s piano (with insufficient pillows). I’m a few days behind in listening so I don’t know if we have been informed yet how/whether either Shula or Alastair have been advised by their solicitors… Are we all supposed to be under the illusion that Rex is still seeing Anisha regularly and that she knows about the divorce?

5 Likes

I think Rex has mentioned her.

Her silence is just one of the many odd silences of characters who have momentous things happening around them yet not a word is heard from them. It seems awfully clumsy plotting to do it that way. I think what’s happened is they have too much going on at the same time: the Aldridges in melt-down, Nic’s death, Shula and Alistair’s separation. They must be stretched for resources if even Pip has been mercifully silenced - though that won’t last of course.

3 Likes

Pip actually popped up in an episode I listened to today. Still pregnant and moving cattle; ergo she still has a chance of imminent trampling for those backing her demise!

4 Likes