Another dud! From a whole line of duds!

Gordon Bennett!

OMG! HootNanny & Peggoi!

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

…and now joined by SmarmyLen!
:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::grimacing::nauseated_face::grimacing::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Lexi in Labour? (…that’s weird, I always thought Lexi to be a Whig! (…or perhaps I mean a Prig?))

4 Likes

Not a beard, anyway

6 Likes

Talking to/of the thread title: at least they are achieving a degree of consistency, as tonight’s episode so generously demonstrated.

the Thing is back at Whateveritis Cottage, apparenly. No doubt taking formula skin-to-skin from Ian, who is coping manfully - how else? no, don’t tempt me - with the stitches and all the orther sordid aftereffects of childbirth. I expect he is looking serene, if not positively blooming. Well - and I never thought I would join the TitNazis - I hope at least the Thing got its colostrum. Otherwise its curly hair might fall out and its great big eyes become all puffy and slittish and dull, and it might turn out to be Sickening For Something. Which would never do because AdamnIan are cut out to be Such Wonderful Parents. We know this because everyone in Ambridge has said so and they - that is more everypersons - are now being bussed in from outlying districts such as W1A and M50 2EQ to ram the message home.
Every time you clap your hands people look at you a bit funny. Or maybe the Babe Of Unrevealed Name dies. Can’t quite remember, but worth a punt, I feel.

Barrie has much to answer for

4 Likes

…ah! @Gus, your words do me a power of good! (I particularly like “TheThing”) For the past couple of days I’ve been contemplating references to the works of such greats as Dennis Wheatley and Roman Polanski and how they might be best incorporated into the current Beybeee SL… …dare I suggest “Lexi’s Beybeee”, “To TheOnlyGayCoupleInTheVillage, A Son!”, “The Haunting of Moody’n’Broody’s Sprog”, “Bill for the Use of Lexi Victrola’s Body”, “The Ravishing of Lexi Victrola”, …er, that’s it! (…actually this is pretty damned easy!)

4 Likes

a normally squamous Ambridgeite, in spite of its bio-parentage?

… a narrow head, bulging, watery blue eyes that seemed never to wink, a flat nose, a receding forehead and chin, and singularly undeveloped ears.

4 Likes

…Gollum? (…yesssssssss my precioussssssssssssssss, that’s him!) :open_mouth: :scream:

5 Likes

Joe Sargeant.

5 Likes

Sounds Miskatonic to me.

5 Likes

Miskatonic, very.

Having been tempted to reread The Shadow Over Innsmouth before getting out of bed, I note that it is ‘Sargent’ with just the one A. And I am trying to imagine an Ambridge as chronicled by HP Lovecraft.

5 Likes

Of the various odd assemblages in The Village, the law said much but could prove little. With great diligence did men of hidden badges linger and listen about such places as The Bull, the squalid Village Shop, the Mother and Baby Group, and the Organic Café. There congregated sinister men and women in great numbers, yet always was their speech guarded or in a foreign tongue. And still the old houses stood, with their forgotten lore of nobler, departed centuries; of sturdy tenant farmers and dewy rose-gardens in the moonlight. Sometimes a lone poet or traveller would come to view them, and would try to picture them in their vanished glory; yet of such travellers and poets there were not many.

5 Likes

oh, bravo!

4 Likes

…as did the church and medical science, though none could say for certain which.

5 Likes

…and (judging by tonight’s effort), yet another! (on reflection: I’m surprised that someone hasn’t suggested tabling a motion that HighCapacity TrypeWryters be banned from sale to the likes of TA SWs at AuntieBeeb) (SFX: dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! dud! …etc …etc) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

No one is going to argue with that, I imagine

5 Likes