Another of Dame Nature's cruel tricks - spinach

Almost everything clashes with Warfarin, doesn’t it ?

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

May do. Most don’t actually do so, but is it worth finding out?

I mean, how lucky do you feel, punk?

3 Likes

Indeed, Fishy

Make my day…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I rather enjoyed learning that when Christopher Frayling was knighted, he chose as his motto “Perge scelus mihi diem perficias”

4 Likes

Of course, I looked that up.

I quite like the word “varlet” in a motto. I’d wish to have “hoi-polloi” and “riff-raff” included in mine.

4 Likes

I still remember how sad That Fish was to be told that grapefruit was permanently orff the menu.

It’ll be kale, rocket and quinoa next. Wiv any luck.

5 Likes

Snork, Dunnock, although I too miss grapefruit

It’s cold here, & I’m knackered after a trip to town

I have put the heating on, & it will be Shin Beef fer Supper

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

…agreed, most heartily! I live on the green stuff, it’s great cooked, spinach calzones with feta and mozzarella and garlic! …and talking of garlic, here’s something for the other aficionados:

:wink:

…but in all honesty, I don’t even bother to cook it since baby spinach is available from the local store, already washed, and is a darned sight better than lettuce!

4 Likes

Garlic GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Cranberries on the other hand are the droppings of the Devil’s rabbits.

4 Likes

Then what are blueberries ? (Other than big purple/indigo coloured blobs of no-taste whatsoever, however much people try to convince you they do have a flavour. Wimberries, that’s what yer wants).

4 Likes

Blueberries are the droppings of the Devil’s chinchillas, Armers.

4 Likes

I rather like satanic chinchilla droppings in me yoghurt.

4 Likes

When you add lots of extra garlic to the mix (as I frequently do), the feebly-weebly cranberries can be just about swamped out!

4 Likes

Sensible.

3 Likes

Why bother with it at all, dere, in that case?

3 Likes

It sorta comes pre-cranberried, but I think they should have left the damned things back in the bog where they belong! Aksherly, I think that’s only the name of the maker, which might explain exactly why I couldn’t taste any cranberries!

3 Likes