Another one bites the dust

A notice on Sue’s board says it has closed. Ho hum…

2 Likes

I do hope they are made welcome elsewhere whilst they learn the rules.

4 Likes

Well I have been, here. But then again I’m never any problem… In fact I don’t know the meaning of the word trubbel

3 Likes

Sure, sure…

In fact, I think we won’t see them, because I think they don’t know we are here. We didn’t advertise there, did we?

2 Likes

Though I think Wynkyn de Worde has posted in a thread in Peet’s mentioning our presence, so they might find us.

Sad that their board has closed; I think I know why, but it isn’t really my business and discussing other boards’ affairs is a nono anyhow, because it is Rude.

4 Likes

Janie was a regular poster there, so might have contacts. I’ll email her.

3 Likes

Well I was banned from there a few months ago and if the awful modding was anything to go by I’m not surprised it’s shut down. Hitler ruled!

5 Likes

I’m glad you found a sanctuary here, m’dear, even if we don’t rabbit on quite so concertedly as yet.

5 Likes

Think of rabbits at a concert, all those ears waving in unison and not quite in time…

4 Likes

That is downright snorkworthy!

4 Likes

That’s pleasing. Take it as my good deed for the day :rabbit2:

4 Likes

When I joined, some time ago, I posted a couple of bland comments and liked a few others. Then I tried to login again only to find myself deleted, though my posts were still there, marked as from a deleted member. No idea why. Perhaps there was a rule about posting a certain number of messages within a certain time. I didn’t bother to protest.

2 Likes

It’s not a site I have ever been on. Was it a Facebook version of Mustardland ?

No, some American company that collects names and addresses, and wants to know sex and age of the people who use newsgroups it sponsers. Proboards, I think its name is. And they put advertisements all over the place unless you pay them not to.

1 Like

??? The recently defunct Sue’s board ?

2 Likes

Yes; was that not what we were talking about? I was explaining why I had chosen not to join it.

1 Like

People did manage to join it using false details, & ’ Adblocker’ took care of the annoying adverts for me

Too much dissent did send the board a bit ‘wonky’ though - the American owners of Probaords were worried about being sued

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

AdBlocker works well on ProBoards boards.

Doesn’t work at all on here, but that’s mainly because there are no ad’s :wink:

Or! It could be that there are loads of ad’s and my AdBlocker is knocking them out? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would rather shut this place down than have advertisements on it.

Remember, roughly 10% of advertisements are some kind of malware.

4 Likes