Anyone for a small boozle?

Friday night, still a bit winded having found stuff during my flingage that delivered a good hard punch to the solar plexus, and despite being off the booze, I am having a small something. To be fair, ‘another small something’ would be more accurate.
Anyone care to join me as I raise a glass to the instigators and guardians and the Feral techie with the big stick and nail of the board?
Cheersh.

4 Likes

Cheers to you, Gus and cheers to us all!

Mr Janie is even as we speak shopping for liquid refreshment and by the time he gets back it should be late enough here for us to raise our glasses.

:cocktail:

3 Likes

Blow ‘shopping for liquid refreshment’, Petal - give the man a spade or a small mechanical digger and set him constructing a cellar. A real, not virtual, one. Except you possibly have one already - is Canada as big on cellars as the US seems to be?
I viewed a house years ago that had a ‘half-cellar’. In other words, space underneath it that you couldn’t stand up in, and possible permission to dig it out a bit further. I didn’t buy. It was a strange and lovely little house, the main selling point according to the EAs being that it was Cath Kidstoned throughout, but it had bugger-all in the way of storage space (apart from the not-quite-a-cellar, and it was on a terribly busy road. A terribly busy road where it would now benefit from the overall gentrification of the area and be going for incredibly silly money, but still. Plus I would have had to deflower it, if you see what I mean :smirk:
Anyway, cheeersh, me dear - hope that man of yours is back with something highly suitable to lubricate your thirsting tonsils (can a tonsil ‘thirst’ as such? Ed)
Gx

3 Likes

Here’s to the Feral Techie, and also the big stick witha nail in it.

hic

2 Likes

(ginnity) for them as does. (vodkity) for them as does that instead.

2 Likes

There are those for whom it is always gin o’clock, and them as prefers other beverages but in the same temporal manner.

The sun is always over the yardarm somewhere.

1 Like

We do indeed have a cellar but we call it a basement with a frightening capacity for storage. I don’t know how it is, but if we keep a lot of liquid refreshment there it tends to get drunk in some mysterious way.

The house not taken … we have a few of those!

2 Likes

And there’s that song - cheesy or rather comforting depending on p.o.v. - ‘It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere’.

Fruity-little-painstripper for them as is not too particular, but thirsty all the same :dizzy_face:
Gx

4 Likes

JJ: I blame the woodlice. Thirsty little beggars.

4 Likes

Yep! That’s it. Anyhow, a bloody Mary in hand, cheers all. (It’s six o’clock here. Ish)

3 Likes

You drink tomato juice? And I thought you were my friend…
Cheers, nonetheless. And enjoy (you vegetarian vampire, you).

4 Likes

Ish is a good time of day for a jar or two.

3 Likes

Last time I flew - on an aeroplane that is - I asked the flight attendant why I always felt like spicy tomato juice when flying. She didn’t know but she said it was very common. Possibly the dry atmosphere makes you crave salt, I dunno.

It’s still early for me, but I don’t need a lot of encouragement. Cheers!

2 Likes

it is all right if you sup it out of a spoon, noprobsatallhic

Flying. Ah. Flying. Um. Nasty business, flying. If spicy tomato blood sees you right, who am I to quibble? (A wittering nitwit, that’s who. Ed. )

I’m beginning mightily to dislike this Ed bloke. Who invited him?

2 Likes

Yeah, curses on that Ed bloke and his comments usually in square brackets. Ruddy cheek! I am not too fond of flying either but it’s part of life if I want to see my family. And I do!

3 Likes

Flying is fine if you do it yourself. It’s trusting other people to do it for you wot gets you into trouble.

3 Likes

square brackets observation noted; pointy ones earlier seemed to go a bit wrong, but I will adhere to the conventions or be damned. [That should be an ‘and’ rather than an ‘or’. Ed]
You mean there are families on wants to see? No offence to LadySusan intended, btw

You know, it is probably time that I either went to bed or. Or ‘or’… Quaite.

Nighters my dears. Special fond nighters to that Heidicat
gx

4 Likes

This morning, in the factory I’m currently working, I walking through the filling hall & past, conservatively, 2 million wine bottles. Largely Gallo, but some Australian too.

It always impresses me.

2 Likes

After the first million or so, even that would probably be tolerable :wink:

2 Likes

Oh it would.

1 Like