At the risk of being ageist

Is it reasonable for Shula to expect ‘passion’ at her time of life?

Poor Alastair. Helping your wife’s brother to pack her voluminous scanties must be a peculiarly uncomfortable experience.

3 Likes

Poor Kenton, too! What a meanie, sending him. Could she not have done it herself even if it meant asking Alistair to be out?

Oh, plus, I bet Jolene will be delighted to have another droopy Archer woman cluttering up the place. And who what other miserable person (male, I believe) who was occupying The Bull’s spare room sharing space with the boxes of crisps? Was that Tom? Dear me, it seems a bit hard that The Bull gets all the broken hearts foisted on it.

Shula should go to Lower Loxley. More room and Lily would sort out all her problems.

5 Likes

It was Adam infesting the Bull when Ian made it impossible for him to stay at home.

I don’t suppose that he ate any of the crisps…

3 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t for the life of me think who it was! Poor Jolene and Kenton, having all these miserable people foisted on them. Well, yes, I realise Kenton invited Shula but even so. When you think what Lilian put them through, and Adam must have been a laugh a minute.

4 Likes

“After all you’ve been through”? BINGO!

But Janie, you mustn’t blame yourself…

4 Likes

I will not be beating myself up, either!

4 Likes

Indeed, why keep a cat and pummel yourself? How is the lovely Heidi?

2 Likes

She is her usual, lovely, plump little self. Getting on well with the wet food. She likes the most expensive brand of course.

3 Likes

But of course. Jolly good, though.

I do feel remarkably sorry for Alastair, and I don’t know why, and that irritates me. When I say ‘remarkably sorry’, I mean within the emotional gamut ot my TA response, which is not exactly operatic. Probably about the same amount of excitement, empathy and passion that seethes in the breast (or equivalent) of the average slightly stunned sea slug, but still…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Nothing like a good binge on cheesy wotsits to distract from a broken heart. And you get excitingly orange fingers too, which is always cheering.

4 Likes

If I had a horse at livery in her yard I’d be getting pretty passionate about who was taking care of it. Did they forget that she runs a business and can’t just walk out.

I am puzzled about the passion bit; she’s so dreary - even when she was bonking the Doc she was passion free. What can the scripties be on?

5 Likes

They didn’t. Kenton said that she would be at the Stables, or the stables rather, during the day but be going back to The Bull at night, in response to Alastair voicing a similar concern. Or that is how I am now remembering it. I don’t think anyone said “you!” and nor did I hear footsteps, so I’m reasonably confident :wink:

4 Likes

Parole?

3 Likes

Perhaps it would help if I listened?

5 Likes

By the end of the day she will reek of horses. Personally, it’s a fragrance that I’d happily dab on but Jerleen could soon find it trying.

4 Likes

We know they have a shower at The Bull: Jolene pounces on men who use it and fail to barricade the door.

4 Likes

oh thank you for that thought, dere Fish.

I’m sure a bit of honest sweat never troubled the gracious and fragrant landlady… ewww. sorry, friends.

3 Likes

Marjorie, please don’t feel obliged to. We would all hate you to be unhappy and irked on our account.

6 Likes

She’s 60 this year. I don’t see why not.

Suddenly when she’s never inspired or received it before, that’s another matter.

5 Likes

What one might call a six-pant problem, I’d say.

3 Likes