Bad writing

Tonight’s episode was aspiring to, but not quite touching the face of, DIRE. Suppose I should be used to it by now.
One thing in particular really irked me, though: how poor an ear for language and how little awareness of class and generational differentiation does one have to have before one writes Oliver as saying ‘train station’ and ‘forever sweetheart’?

4 Likes

That typically displayed by Naylah Ahmed, though Keri Davies can be pretty bluddy awful too sometimes.

4 Likes

Gawds

Sounds as though I can afford to miss that episode

Ahem

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Lots of nothing happened, so if you do you won’t have missed much of anything worth having.

Characters were Tracy, Roman, William, Eddie, David and Oliver.

4 Likes

Also, quality summaries are available at https://ambridgereporter.org.uk/synopses/2020.html#November

4 Likes

Incidentally, if you have lost your phone somewhere in the house, what is the first thing you do?

Try to ring it, so it goes off in hearing distance if you’re lucky.

No mention of this incredibly obvious location-tactic.

4 Likes

Some people don’t bother with a landline these days, but Eddie doesn’t strike me as the type.

4 Likes

All the rest of his grubby clan have phones and they live cheek by jowl, so… Oh, and if it did then ring, it would have been confiscated from the thieving PLM and skool would have had Words. And thus William would have been a deal crosser than he was.

5 Likes