Bedrooms

How many rooms are there in the houses in Ambridge? Will and kin have moved into what already seems to be quite a populated house, and I am sceptical as to the bedroom logistics.

5 Likes

This could be a long thread…

(The peripatetic bedrooms and ambulatory architecture of Ambridge are the stuff of legend. Or nightmares)

4 Likes

Who cares? Grundys are like termites, none too particular. And a termite mound is all that will be left of Grange Farm by the time they are finished with it.

3 Likes

Come, come, Gus. They are merely continuing with what they set out to do before they were so rudely interrupted in 2000.

2 Likes

The living arrangements in general are quite peculiar.

4 Likes

Should we have some Refreshments ?

I’m sure that we’ll need sustenance

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I believe there’s some rather nice bubbly around…?

3 Likes

Grange Farm has six bedrooms, according to its entry in The Archers Encyclopaedia.

That’s
1] Joe
2] Clarrie and Eddie
3] Ed’n’Em
4] Will
5] Female children (3, 2 of whom have been accustomed to sharing at Greenwood Cottage)
6] Male children (2, who have been accustomed to sharing at Greenwood Cottage)

I am unsure why Jake is so determined to have “his own space”: he’s been sharing with George some nights a week for all the time he has been living in Ambridge.

Have a glass of bubbly!

4 Likes

Kara (& “hello”), the bedrooms are a mystery only someone who knows the proper age of Anisha (“bless you !”) can answer.

So I’m going for there being 26.

… or 27 by now, probably.

4 Likes

The Shat & Piddle led a notoriously nomadic lifestyle. Don’t know whether it did B&B, but if so, it would account for the wandering bedrooms; they obviously escaped when it was converted into flats* and have gone feral.

*Or possibly unexpectedly mobile homes.

2 Likes

And this is why you should always neuter your upstairs flat.

6 Likes

I know it has been a year, but I’m still musing on this. Now I’m stuck on Roy’s house; does it have four bedrooms, or does (the barely-ever mentioned) Abbie never stay with her dad?

5 Likes

Three bedrooms.
We hear nothing about Abby. Be thankful.

4 Likes