Bridge Farm

Cost £825,000 in October 2009.

Justin (who has no idea what anything ought to cost) is offering £1,000,000 for three of the 140 acres.

I have a feeling that they’re going to take it and we are stuck with Justin for the rest of time.

Like Tony I don’t believe he wants only three acres… How many houses is he planning to build? Did he say?

4 Likes

Chris, I think he said about 18 houses. They wouldn’t have to sell him any more, though, would they?

In their places and with their children, who are ruddy liabilities, the two of them, and with their Helen-related debts, I’d take the offer. It would put them in credit. I wouldn’t let Helen and Tom get their sticky mitts on it, though. They have a frightening capacity to get through money, those two.

In fact, in Pat and Tony’s places, I’d never have given them any power, but kept them on the payroll, not made them partners. But Pat and Tony view their horrible offspring through decidedly rose-tinted glasses, don’t they. Tom and Helen mysteriously became partners with one whinge from Tom about not being able to sign cheques to pay a supplies when Pat and Tony took a rare holiday and they became suddenly in charge of the farm after one announcement at a family gathering. They never seem to put anything on paper, do they? Fools …

4 Likes

Sauron has ordered Justin to blend the races of humans and pigs, and create a squealing army. He’s starting with Tony & Pat - Tony won’t recognise them when he returns. Meanwhile, Helen with Henry and Jack will be snuffling for truffles in Millenium Wood.

2 Likes

Brenda returns to Ambridge with three dragons, an army of freed fruit-pickers and an unusually short adviser…

2 Likes

At approx £30k a pop, £1m represents a lot of happy stabbing for dere fragile Helen…

And oh how very true was Justin’s comment (I know, I’m sorry and I will try not to do it again) about places getting moribund and needing fresh blood. Helen could help on that front, of course. Or that ‘up & under’, for maximum damage, of course.

3 Likes

The total bill of course is a lot more, Gus, but even so, what a good point! They do need a bit of a buffer against future events, don’t they?

2 Likes

Bridge Farm Estates, here we come!

3 Likes