Bunting

It was before my Archers time, can someone clue me in on the bunting storyline? It seems to be ahead of others in priority; who cares about all the people who’ve vanished/absconded in the three years I’ve been listening, it is all about the bunting… Okay, I’m invested, tell me why I care about bunting.

6 Likes

Back in 2015 Fallon made it for some occasion or other, possibly Emma’s wedding or possibly just May Day, and it went missing from the village green. She told Harrison to find it. He didn’t.

That was really all there was to it.

6 Likes

Well, then, that’s a touch mundane. Do we think there was a secret code sewn into it, or some other reason for its reappearance now?

6 Likes

‘Secret code’ - love it

Madame Defarge knitting in the names of those due fer the chop

That has legs…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Perhaps someone is being held hostage by the bunting thief, and has managed to persuade a squirrel to take bits of bunting and leave them as a trail, breadcrumbs style… Only for Ben and Ruari to shoot the squirrel halfway through its mission! Oh no!

7 Likes

One end of the bunting has now emerged from the dog?

6 Likes

You know who had the bunting, don’t you ?

… & why it’s return should concern us ??

O’Connor. That’s who.

… & not Des. Or Christy (Jnr. or Snr.)

4 Likes

Oh

God

4 Likes

You’ve got me, who?!

3 Likes

… aaaand, I quote …

4 Likes

Ah. Unfortunately, I assume you mean the writer at the time, rather than Sinead - because that would be quite some storyline!

5 Likes

O’Connor was the editor, and made a right royal mess of the programme in his search for notoriety.

3 Likes

Had he remained any longer, the source of the Home Farm pollution would have been revealed as the decomposed and dismembered bodies of Kathy, Usha and Carol, bound and gagged with the bunting.

The discovery—late on a Friday evening—would be spread over six months of episodes.

5 Likes

Don’t even think about it! SOC was also obsessed with “names”.

3 Likes

Called “tiger-hunting” when I were a young thing, that were.

4 Likes

Tuft-hunting, sometimes, too

3 Likes