Burns

knows something against Gavin. There is nothing in the rules against playing when you don’t live in a named village full time: if those were the rules, people would not be able to threaten to go and play for Darrington, would they.

5 Likes

Depends on what they mean by that

5 Likes

You have checked the SW credits for this week?

5 Likes

Oh. Yes, it’s her. She really doesn’t know much about the programme.

5 Likes

Thinking again about this, I’m fairly sure there’s been a fair bit of movement between teams over the years. I’m fairly sure the residency rule is for the Single Wicket, not the cricket team. Harry was controversially installed at The Bull pro tem. in order to qualify. Come to think of it, Harrison himself wasn’t a resident when he joined the team, was he? I’m fairly sure he only moved to Ambridge when he rented Woodbine.

5 Likes

You’re not wrong! He wasn’t. This confirms my impression that the reason he doesn’t want Gavin in his team is that he knows he is going to be arresting Gavin and Philip at some point.

5 Likes

I’d sooner they got away with it completely - despite their shocking failure to neutralise the Snell Menace once and for all - than have ‘Full Thickness’ Burns receiving plaudits for crimebursting acuity, perspicacity and prompt action.

And if they don’t get away with it completely, then at least for long enough to allow the wedding to take place and for Kirsty to be irrevocably tainted by association.

But then I’m an old softy, me

6 Likes

“Right! Now we’re married, you can’t testify against me!”
“Can’t be compelled to testify. I can still do it voluntarily.”

6 Likes

crimebursting?

Oh well, I expect you all knew what I meant.

6 Likes

My dear limpet, every time I see this thread I read it as “Bums”. So there’s that.

6 Likes

Oh good, it’s not just me then.

6 Likes