Compare and contrast Pip

…and Helen. Pip, no matter how loathsome and irritating she is, actually made a generous and by her lights really quite sensitive offer to her parents. Can you imagine Helen doing the same? Can you imagine Helen not capitalising in perpetuity for her selflessness in looking after her own children for a fortnight / doing a bit more work around the place?
No, nor can I.

Not that I’m happy about having to give Pip any credit at all, you understand.

1 Like

Right, so I will add a mean-spirited comment re: Pip’s generous offer: the money from the agency was supposed - she said herself when in her martyr phase - to go back into Brookfield, not into Pip’s pocket, so really it’s as if she is offering to pay for their holiday with their credit card.

3 Likes

Thank you, Janie. I had overlooked that detail. You have cheered me up considerably.

3 Likes

I happened to overhear that bit of tonight’s episode, and I thought Pip came over as blunderingly forceful and rather unpleasant. I assume that’s not what was intended.

3 Likes

[quote=“HedgeSparrow, post:4, topic:694”]Pip came over as blunderingly forceful and rather unpleasant.[/quote]That was more a result of Roof’s waaaaaay less than half hearted attempts to decline her charming offer I thought. Still, if it keeps the Dopey’s off the Cat’s Whisker for a few weeks good stuff.

2 Likes

Botheration

I realise that I slept through most of the epi

I’ll have to LA

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Maybe your mind is trying to tell you something?

3 Likes

Somehow that feels more like a cause for congratulation than for commiseration.

2 Likes

A friend is calling to discuss Roman Blinds, so I may well miss the repeat…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

“Pip Archer: Less important than a Roman blind!”

5 Likes

So, apart from making you miss another Brookfield slugfest, what have Roman blinds ever done for us?

(That was supposed to be “smugfest”, but the typo seems so apposite)

4 Likes

I did miss it…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Well played, that Chatelaine

4 Likes