Counter-terrorism in Borsetshire

Was pointed in the general direction of this earlier on, courtesy of Academic Archers:

3 Likes

Ideally the inbred hellhole would come under heavy bombardment for one reason or another.
Now my normal stance is that the use of white phosphorus should be a hanging offence [slowly and with piano wire]. But in the case of Ambridge - meh, the fortunes of war and all that…

3 Likes

Tsk. It’s Captain Hebden Lloyd, not Lieutenant.

4 Likes

I wondered about that, but thought, well, he ought to know, surely…

Has there been a Class B/C transgression we haven’t been told about?

3 Likes

Can we still call him ‘Dan’, I wonder? Speaking as an Other Rank here, almost certainly not. So Formerly Fat Daniel will suit me fine. I am glad Dorothy went away, very very glad*

• for full effect that needs to be read in a Forties British film manner of speaking
5 Likes

Are St Shooolie’s nags as fat as Dan was?

It would seem that Shoolie has history of cruelty by over feeding

6 Likes

But whose equine was it actually expired from the effects of too much food, eh?

(Clue: Helen’s)

6 Likes

She’s so doggedly independent!

4 Likes

And Helen does everything to the nth degree to make her family run around worshipping her brilliance

6 Likes

Too much food not just once, which might have been abysmal and imbecile ignorance, but twice, which smacks of carelessness.

Incidentally about Dan: Sudden Daughter’s comment about him at Sandhurst was “He will absolutely hate his parents by the fifth or sixth time he stencils Hebden Lloyd onto a bit of kit and still has however many to go, while his mates called Smith and Jones have finished and gone on to the next thing.” I pointed out that it’s only a space longer than Easterbrook, which was the only name out of a thousand which was too long to fit into the standard database when I was running a convention once, but she wasn’t impressed.

6 Likes

I am sure Sudden Daughter was a bit jaundiced about kit at the time

I can sympathise with trying to make one’s uniform particular and unique to oneself

Ever tried sewing a black flak jacket?

6 Likes

(Checks calendar) Maybe.

5 Likes

I am reasonably sure she regarded it as protective colouration, Twellies. Kept her head down and kept going.

5 Likes

As did I in a different uniform

And I had the greatest respect for our military colleagues

Without them we were not able to police loads of areas

6 Likes