Chris Carter …… Wilf Scolding
Lynda Snell… Carole Boyd
Robert Snell… Graham Blockey
Kirsty Miller… Annabelle Dowler
Philip Moss …… Andy Hockley
Gavin Moss …… Gareth Pierce
Counsellor… Saffron Coomber

4 Likes

Not another character having counselling? Who is it this time, Alice, Lynda, or just possibly Robert?

Never let the BBC miss an opportunity to promote counselling as the solution to all problems.

4 Likes

Aaargh! I’ve just had The Most Dreadful thought…

Lynda and Robert seeing a sex therapist.

Gimme a drink, quick!

4 Likes

It’s Alice. These are the one-liners for the Wednesday and Thursday of that week:

23 Sep Gavin’s in hot water and Lynda and Robert go head to head.
24 Sep Alice finally opens up and Gavin offers advice.

I’ll post them all when I get Monday and Tuesday which are still missing. Unless anyone has a Radio Times with one-liners for Sep 21 & 22.

And yes, I groaned 'n all when I saw a counsellor. Those therapy sessions with Lizzie were dire, weren’t they? Not to mention Helen and her barrister, Anna Tregorran, who was actually fulfilling the role of therapist (badly) and doing sod all for the case, besides wasting huge amounts of her time. Still, if it kept her amused …

You know, I liked the Anna actor, just thought the scripts were dire.

4 Likes

Well thank goodness it’s not the stuff of my worst nightmares, at least. Not that I want to listen to anyone at all being counselled, cos I don’t - not even if the SWs make a better job of it this time (Lizzie’s sessions were indeed dire), which I don’t suppose they will.

4 Likes

Well that is less toe-curlingly ghastly than the other scenario, I suppose.
I expect it will be v understanding counselling, because they have a bit of a hole to dig themselves out of, what with Emmur talking about alcoholism as something disgusting. I wonder if Feedback will get letters about that from the #bekindtoourratarsedfriends constituency.
Since they also seem to be trying to turn EdnEm into community-minded Decent Types, that could come back to bite them. Said ratarsedGus, hardly gleefully at all.

4 Likes

Ed, maybe, he’s Alice’s ‘guardian angel’ after all (yuk!) But Emma was as nasty as can be and quite revelling in the situation. Well, so was I, a bit, but then I’m mean!

Oh, and if you add an accent, bekindtoourratarsédfriends scans very nicely to the tune. And thanks for the earworm!

3 Likes

Don’t mention it, me dear. Oh, and thanks for supplying the accent that was there only in my head.

3 Likes

You may thank my bilingual keyboard!

3 Likes