Daddy tantrum

Were Christopher Carter a mother, he would most probably have been left to get on with the brat-wrangling, shingles or no. No doubt his own horrible mother would have rallied round a bit. Taking a sick baby away from its primary carer seems rather cruel (to it). And if Alish is, as he believes, an unfit mother, why did he dump the child he apparently wanted so much on her?

But never mind all that: ‘I don’t want to see it! I should’ve been there! Snot fair! I’ve done all the hard work’ is a way of feeling and thinking that needs fostering and feeding a little bit more to nudge the really very unappealing dolt into family annihilator territory.
‘If oi can’t see her stand, no one shall!’

Coat, held

3 Likes

They are going to end up back together; she wants to be with him but has convinced herself he doesn’t want to see her, he is being driven demented by the well-meaning go-betweens and wanted her to come and tell him about it herself.

Prepare to spew. I don’t think they can be shoehorned back together for Valentine’s Day in a week’s time, but I put nothing past this week’s scriptwriter.

3 Likes

oh, TBTB might well do that to us, but it would be a disaster.
Although if they are ‘together’ when it becomes apparent, as it should, that Marrthurr has the approximate cognitive abilities of a radish - and one from an unthinned row, at that - then it could be entertaining.

4 Likes

By Aldridge-Carter standards, a towering genius.

4 Likes

Not quite fair: four of the five Aldridge spawn have qualified for, and even gone to, university, and so has grandchild Phoebe.

3 Likes

Quite.

4 Likes

Could he please, if he is going down that route, start with Amy and move swiftly on to Fallon just as a bit of a warm-up?

5 Likes

Chainsaws, hatchets, gurt stabby screwdrivers! Getcher implements wiv substantial legal uses 'ere!

5 Likes

I will weave a few wicker baskets for the beacon on Lakey Hill

A big one for several or individual size ones?

4 Likes

Oh, a great big basket has the proper mythopoeic impact.

4 Likes